X-Blades is the first action game in anime-style developed in Russia, executed in the best traditions of this genre and will certainly astonish the users with its beautiful graphics and many other elements as well, such as intriguing plot, unusual enemies and rich arsenal of murderous skills and magic, which allows the user to fight monsters as efficiently as spectacular. For those who are longing for epos the developers propose to become part of a legend of a mysterious artifact, hair-rising curse and secrets of ancient civilizations.
The contest is a follow-up to a similar one held earlier this year, and this contest’s winner receives a total of $3000 in prize money and their piece published!
The central theme of first contest was the heroine Ayumi, and the overwhelmingly positive feedback from that experience convinced the X-Blades team to launch another competition for all of the game’s talented fans. All fan-submitted Ayumi illustrations received by August 31st will be judged by a jury of specialists. The first-place winner will receive $3,000 in prize money, the second-place winner will receive $2,000 and the third-place winner will receive $1,000. In addition to the prize money, 20 game packages, valued at $200 dollars each, are up for grabs!
The most creative illustrators also get their share of fame, because the Royal Edition of X-Blades will be equipped with a high-grade art book. The best entries will be included with the high-quality illustrations already in place, and the artists will also be rewarded $100 per piece!
Users keen on slashing combats will find a huge variety of ways of eliminating countless enemies. Two powerful gunblades which the heroine always carries about allow the user to make a real slaughter in close combat and also feel like an habitue of a shooting gallery. Apart from all kinds of standard guns, which may be everyway upgraded, the arsenal includes more than fifteen smashing spells – so no one would begrudge the heroine’s enemies.
X-Blades features a special combination of cinematic style, beautiful animation, and relentless, high speed gameplay. Players assume the role of Ayumi, a stunningly seductive yet tenacious heroine who battles enemies with her pistol blades, acrobatic ability, and magic spells. With full anime cut scenes, the story unfolds revealing demonic powers and spectacular landscapes, all ripe for exploration and battles.
When Ayumi isn't using her effective combat spells, she faces up to the enemy hordes with naked blades and explosive projectiles. Since the unique Gunblades are a combination of sword and pistol, the heroine can change her combat style lightning-fast. Surrounded by countless opponents, Ayumi uses both blades with deadly accuracy in hand-to-hand combat. She's well versed in various combat techniques - and she makes full use of them to cut her way through the ranks of the monsters. The player is rewarded with special finishing moves for carrying out particularly successful combos.
However, Ayumi must first learn powerful attacking techniques by collecting hidden coin fragments throughout the levels. One three-piece set of these silver, gold or ruby artifacts releases a long-range or close combat upgrade.
- Long-range Combat (pistols)
- Level 1: Ayumi’s pistols cause even more damage. Single shots are more effective than bursts of fire targeting nothing in particular.
- Level 2: Damage caused is again increased. Ayumi can from now on target more opponents simultaneously, bringing death to more opponents.
- Level 3: This level is the highest – and our clever treasure hunter perfects her shooting talents, causing correspondingly more damage. She also finishes a specific close combat combo with a huge burst of fire.
- Close Combat I (blades)
- Level 1: Ayumis blitzende Klingen teilen unter den Monsterhorden zusätzlichen Schaden aus. Darüber hinaus beendet die kampfeslustige Heldin eine gelungene Nahkampfkombo mit einem besonders beeindruckenden Finishing-Move.
- Level 2: Damage caused is again increased. From this point on, Ayumi is proficient in the use of a new, even more hard-hitting double combo, which is finished with a formidable and dazzling sword strike.
- Level 3: At the highest level, Ayumi's blades are even more deadly. She also end a successfully completed complex triple close combat combo with the unbelievable "dancing swords all-round strike".
- Close Combat II (airstrike)
- Level 1: Ayumi leaps high in the air and carries out a vertically-directed sword attack which kills all opponents in her way.
- Level 2: The heroine propels herself high in the air with a double leap and on the way down carries out a powerful blow with her blades, killing all nearby monsters – but after two leaping attacks in succession, Ayumi must take a rest period - and for a few seconds is exposed to any kind of attack.
- Level 3: Ayumi can now carry out the downward-moving leaping attack three times in succession without having to regenerate. She can also move during her rest periods and defend herself against the attacks of the monster hordes.
- Absorbing fantasy story with spectacular landscapes and figures
- Attractive heroine in Anime style
- Learn to play easily - wide range of development possibilities
- Special mode for a heroine with demonic forces
- Innovative Blade Gun for firing projectiles and for close combat
- Role-playing elements to improve skills and enhance weapons
- Over 20 types of magic in different classes
- Around 40 different scenarios (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Alternative endings, depending on player's actions
- Hidden Power-ups hook players to explore levels
- Over 30 different classes of opponent
- Powerful Boss opponents with fantastic design
- Cinematic stylistic devices like Bullet-Time
- Various difficulty levels - from Beginner to Pro
More articles about X-Blades