Men of War takes place in Europe and North Africa during the height of World War II, the story unfolding across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own scenario and structured timeline bringing a different story of the war to life.
Men of War will feature no less than twenty new units to play with, including new designs on tanks, APCs and heavy guns. Dynamic in-game video enhances the single player missions, while the sounds of war have been given new range with over one hundred new sound effects of weapons and combat gear, recorded under real operating conditions. The single player campaign will also feature a fully customizable user interface, so players are able to have their command layout just as they please.
Shooting while moving
It's a lot harder to hit an enemy tank while you are moving, compared to slow motion or none. The faster you move, the less accuracy will be provided by your tank gunner.
The same goes for the turret, the faster it turns the less accurate it will be.
Type of shell
Depending of the type of shell the accuracy decreases, for example high explosive shells are a lot more inaccurate than armor piercing ones. Offering you another tactical choice.
After each subsequent shot on one area of a tank (in the zone R=10 m around of the chosen target) the accuracy increases, and the cursor changes. The highest accuracy is reached on the third shot. This is simulating the fact that a gunner will be more accurate with each shot he fires on the same target.
Also the circle indicating the accuracy will change it colors according to a possible success your shell will have.
This feature will provide a small help to newcomers in the game, but all features in total will make tank combat a lot more interesting and give the tanks a higher value on the virtual battlefields of Men of War.
In addition to the in-depth single player experience, Men of War also unleashes all new multiplayer maps along with new ‘capture the flag’ and ‘high-value cargo’ modes, all faithfully recreated with stunning graphics and refined AI. A new rating system has also been introduced to ensure a fair fight in online multiplayer battles.
There are 5 playable multiplayer nations in Men of War - Russia, Germany, USA, the British Commonwealth and Japan. Those nations vary a lot from each other, i.e. the Commonwealth has good ordnance firepower and strong middle class tanks, while Japan has a very strong artillery weapons (such as 200mm rocket launchers and 120mm naval gun carriers), but suffers from poorly armored tanks. Germans were well-prepared before they started the war, while the Russian army was less equipped and ready for the military operations they faced where as the American soldiers prefer to use stealth tactics as their tanks are poorly armored, but well mounted!
- Three evolving storylines in the Soviet, Allied and German armies, comprising 19 missions in 3 campaigns
- 7 bonus missions for different sides of the conflict
- More than 50 new units to use in multiplayer mode
- Direct control system. Take over the control of every single soldier, or drive tanks and other vehicles, set up ambushes with antitank guns and blow your enemies up with precise and deadly aimed shots at their weak spots
- System of ratings and statistics for every participant in multiplayer mode
- New nation in multiplayer mode - Japan
- Revised controls interface – customizable and easier to use
- New multiplayer maps and 2 new game modes
- Highly detailed WWII environments and characters and faithfully recreated with a cutting-edge graphics engine
Men of War is scheduled for a summer 2008 release around the world.
More articles about Men of War