Pro Cycling Manager: Tour De France 2008 (PC) - Europe
With the start of the 2008 Tour de France just over a week away, this is the perfect chance to test your professional cycling management skills before the real race begins.
Guide your well-trained cyclists through the 21 stages and 3,500 km of gruelling competitive racing. The 95th Tour De France will start in Brest on July 5th and will include 5 mountain range races, before finishing at the historic Champs-Élysées in Paris on July 27th.
Choose from one of 65 official teams, handling all aspects of the professional season, including recruiting and transferring team members, organising contracts, handling finances and organising training schedules to create the best possible team.
The option of track cycling is a new feature in the series, presenting a different type of gameplay that allows you to race as a single rider, directly competing with other cyclists. Choose Keirin tournaments for highly competitive, paced-start events or select cycle speedway for high-speed racing around a dirt track.
Detailed management options, an advanced rider AI and highly detailed graphics combine in Pro Cycling Manager – Tour De France 2008 to provide a realistic insight into the world of professional cycling management.
The SimCity Box (PC)
For the value price of MSRP $39.99, The SimCity Box offers five city-building games in one package that individually would cost more than MSRP $100.00. The titles from the award-winning franchise included in The SimCity Box are SimCity Societies, SimCity Societies Destinations expansion pack, SimCity 4, SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack and The Sims Carnival SnapCity. Also included, as a special bonus, is a trial version of the Spore Creature Creator.
"For nearly 20 years, SimCity has made building, managing and sometimes destroying cities a fun, cultural phenomenon," said Rod Humble, Head of Studio for The Sims. "By offering The SimCity Box at such an extraordinary value, we give current fans and an entirely new generation of players countless hours of city-building exploration, strategic challenge and fun. This is certainly the greatest value SimCity has ever brought to players."
What's in The SimCity Box:
- SimCity Societies: Players construct not only the cities they desire, but mold their cultures, societal tendencies and environments as well. With more than 500 buildings and decorative objects to place, the possibilities are almost limitless as players can build artistic cities, authoritarian dictatorships, spiritual communities and many more. An accessible, innovative and versatile city-builder, the game lets players create the city of their dreams, or their nightmares. Included in The SimCity Box is the original SimCity Societies game along with all the subsequent game updates, which have added new strategic modes, three new exotic disasters (UFO invasion, giant robot attack and a massive fire-breathing monster), new crises, new user interface functions, new buildings and much more. Even more free content and features are being planned for future updates.
- SimCity Societies Destinations expansion pack: Enhance the SimCity Societies experience by providing all the tools players need to create an entire city based on attractions and amenities that visitors love. The expansion pack allows players to control more than 100 new buildings to create their customized destinations including sprawling theme parks, tropical beach resorts, and country hiking trails. Featuring an enhanced map generator, players can now identify each city's opportunity for diversion and the city can capitalize on that draw.
- SimCity 4: Right from the start in SimCity 4, players will experience new God-like powers of creation as they lay the groundwork for their cities by molding mountains, carving valleys, seeding forests and laying rivers. With these new landscape creation features, players can now construct the most realistic metropolis imaginable.
- SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack: Take control of the city's transportation with a wide variety of new options such as the elevated train networks of Chicago, the wide-avenues of New York, or the one-way streets of San Francisco. Players can develop a seamless mass-transit system including monorail, subway, or even a scenic ferry service that connects to a greater regional travel network. With all-new problem-solving maps and tracking tools, players can see the pulsing flow of traffic, map out the most efficient routes, and quickly get their Sims from one city to another.
- The Sims Carnival SnapCity: A unique city-building simulation game with a puzzling twist that is both strategic and accessible. In this fun, open-ended gameplay experience challenges players to position falling, colored blocks in just the right places to build the best possible cities. Featuring an array of industrial, commercial and residential neighborhoods, it's never the same city twice! The fun never stops as the player must save this city from natural disasters, man-made catastrophes, and even out-of-this-world alien attacks! Players can also pick-up-and-play by jumping into 25 unique existing neighborhood levels.
Garfield: Lasagna World Tour (PS2)
Garfield: Lasagna World Tour for the PS2 challenges players to jump into the world of the comic cat in a quest to win the Lasagna World Tour - dressing up Garfield in a variety of humorous costumes (each granting him special powers) while playing a variety of mini-games that everyone in the family can enjoy in single- and multiplayer modes.
Garfield is back, and he's bigger, funnier and wackier than ever. The PAWS TV channel is organizing a treasure hunt, "The Lasagna World Tour," and guess who's ready to compete? Garfield and his hungry stomach are up to the challenge, especially for the chance to win his weight in lasagna for life!
Key features include:
- Accompany Garfield through 10 vast levels of Lasagna munching action!
- Explore Mexico, Italy and Egypt to find those elusive clues
- Play, ride and give orders to Odie with hilarious results!
- Dress Garfield up as a soccer player, cowboy, a fakir or a chef and obtain hilarious super powers
- Switch to multiplayer mode to make the mini games into games for the family to play together
The Continuum (PC)
The Continuum is an original flash-based game that blends the best elements of strategy gaming, collectible gaming, RPGs and digital goods into a distinctive game universe, where players' actions affect a gripping narrative.
The Continuum's gameplay is built around the game's ever-expanding universe of dynamic digital characters from distinct game realities that do battle with each other in head-to-head online match-ups. Players of the game develop armies through battles, equipment discovery, and upgrades. Their characters and abilities are built through victory, trade, and purchase. Players who sign up between June 25th and July 9th, 2008 will get the exciting opportunity to purchase special Launch Character Packs giving them the advantage of additional characters to build their armies and powers.
The characters of The Continuum each have their own unique attributes and abilities, and range in rarity from common to rare to one-of-a-kind. The characters are constantly developing through The Continuum's RPG game elements, as the game allows players to use experience points for modifications, such as increasing and adding new characteristics and abilities. All customized in-game characters, not just the heroes, develop in an infinite number of ways to continually change the combat landscape and keep the game exciting and fresh every time it's played. Plus, unlike many other RPGs, players' behavior and participation in narrative events help determine the course of the official story as expansions are introduced and comics are released.
The game is free to play, and newcomers will be given a number of characters to keep. The Continuum, which can be played for ten minutes or for ten hours, features a level playing field, where players can have an even match regardless of how much they have invested in the game either financially and/or time spent. Players will also be able to buy additional character packs or character subscriptions to add to their collection.
More than 25,000 gamers have pre-registered to play the beta version of The Continuum. This game is playable on all the major web browsers and is not platform dependent. The browser-based format allows Seven Lights to constantly stage events and add new content (characters, maps, abilities, etc.) in real-time.