“Family and social videogames are at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry and retailers are starting to offer up more opportunities to this casual gaming genre from dedicated floor space to extra promotions,” stated Jim Scott, CEO of Oxygen Interactive Software. “Our diverse 2008 lineup fits right in line with this shift in the market.”
The O-Games lineup includes titles that will be released on PC, NDS, Wii, PSP and the PS2.
The 2008 lineup for O-Games will include the following games:
- My Make-Up (NDS) - Pamper and make-over your personalized avatars and those of your friends with this unique make-up simulation videogame. Players can host make-over and face painting parties, share photo albums with friends, and chat about the latest techniques and trends in make-up. Part of the highly anticipated ‘My Games Series’ from Oxygen Interactive Software.
- My Dress-Up (NDS) - Practice your fashion creativity by dressing up your own personal avatars in this one of a kind dress-up simulation videogame. Players can host dress-up parties, share photo albums and trade fashion secrets, styles and trends with friends. Part of the highly anticipated ‘My Games Series’ from Oxygen Interactive Software.
- My Secret Diary (NDS) - Explore your top-secret feelings, gab about crushes and gossip about friends using your very own password protected journal. Players can test themselves and their closest friends with a number of personality quizzes, keep track of their busy social lives with a personal secret calendar and discover what's next with the game's Fortune Cookie and Crystal Ball features. Part of the highly anticipated ‘My Games Series’ from Oxygen Interactive Software.
- CID the Dummy (PS2/PSP/Wii) - An exciting action-oriented, side-scrolling 3D platformer that features a gripping storyline and iconic main character. With high-speed crashes, super-powered weaponry, kung-fu fighting and sophisticated puzzles, CID the Dummy challenges players to believe in themselves and unfold this year’s most extraordinary adventure.
- Pirates: The Key of Dreams (WiiWare) – Travel the seas that no captain has ever bested before in this perilous adventure of the enchanted worlds. The game features an adventure to uncover the key that holds a deadly curse that must be retrieved at all costs and taken back to the Royal Navy for safekeeping. As Captain Smallberries, players will sail as an undercover pirate to avoid suspicion, battle Blackbeard and his army of Pirates and return the key to the Navy fortress where it rightfully belongs.
- Pirates: Duels on the High Seas (NDS) - Choose a pirates life and set sail on a daring voyage of adventure in this fun and simple naval combat game. The title features a deep, story-driven action adventure with seven different environments in which players must defeat enemies, collect treasure, run blockades and battle sea monsters.
- PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (PSP/ PS2/ PC/Wii) - A darts simulation game pulled straight from the tournament floor. The game is based on the popular professional tour that features 7 major tournaments and 16 PDC Champions.
- 8Ball All Star (NDS) - Chalk up your cue and challenge your friends anywhere to a head-to-head match, doubles game or just take a break and design your own table. The game features authentic tables, chat rooms, friend lists, challenge mode, league tables, plus online play and unique Winner ‘Stays-On’ mode.
- Hurry Up Hedgehog! (NDS) - A simple and thoroughly addictive puzzler with intriguing brainteaser elements that will challenge the whole family to cleverly manoeuvre their hedgehog to victory. Set in a colorful world with cute and friendly characters, family and friends will be able to enjoy an interactive fun-filled gaming experience across multiple game-play environments; including a treacherous highway, a delicious orchard, the garden shed and more.
O-Games, the North American branch of Oxygen Interactive Software, acts as the publishing house for all products released in the United States and Canada and also heads up North American sales.