Whether you prefer to make your moves on the field, from the sidelines or in the front office, the Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition has something for every football fan. Madden NFL 09 will feature the most immersive gameplay, the richest online offerings and the most comprehensive feature depth in the history of the franchise, while NFL Head Coach 09 has been reinvented to provide a unique new NFL experience by allowing fans to be in total control of their favorite franchises. The two games offer unique experiences and then can even interact with one another with gamers being able to import their user-designed plays from NFL Head Coach 09 and put them into Madden NFL 09 to create customized playbooks for complete control on the field.
Madden NFL 09 introduces 85 new features and enhancements, including the ability to adapt gameplay to the player’s skill level. Whether you are a veteran Madden NFL player or a newcomer to the game, everyone can have an enjoyable and competitive gaming experience. Madden NFL 09 will also feature a network-inspired broadcast presentation highlighted by the commentary team of Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. The game also features online leagues, allowing players to take their rivalries online and compete in leagues with fans from around the country.
There are 25 achievements with a total of 1000 points:
- 2 TD Kickoff Returns in a game: Return 2 Kickoffs for a TD in a game (non co-op) - 75
- Shut out Rival in a Franchise: Shut outRival in a Franchise game (non co-op) - 50
- Kick a FG for over 50 yards: Kick a FG for over 50 yards in a Franchise game (non co-op) - 15
- Complete a game without an INT: Complete a game without an interception, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op) - 30
- 6 Rush TDs with the Dolphins: 6 Rush TDs in a game with the Dolphins (non co-op) - 50
- Catch 10 passes in a game: Catch 10 passes in a game with one receiver (non co-op) - 50
- Complete game without fumbling: Complete a game without fumbling, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op) - 25
- 2 TD Punt Returns in a game: 2 TD Punt Returns in a game (non co-op) - 65
- Intercept 6 passes in a game: Intercept 6 passes in a game (non co-op) - 50
- Hold a Rival to under 300 yards: Hold a Rival to under 300 yards total offense in a game (non co-op) - 50
- Score 60 points in a Rival game: Score 60 points in a Rival game (non co-op) - 30
- Score 40 points in a Rival game: Score 40 points in a Rival game (non co-op) - 20
- Record 12 sacks in a game: Record 12 sacks in a game (non co-op) - 50
- 6 sacks with 1 player in a game: 6 sacks with 1 player in a game (non co-op) - 50
- 80% completion for a game: 80% pass completion in a Franchise game, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op) - 50
- 7 Pass TDs with the Falcons: Throw 7 pass TDs in a game with the Falcons (non co-op) - 50
- 550 Pass Yds with the Titans: 550 Pass Yds in a game with the Titans (non co-op) - 50
- 300 Rush Yds with the Jets: 300 Rush Yds in a game with the Jets (non co-op) - 10
- Hold a Rival to under 20 points: Hold a Rival team to under 20 points in a game (non co-op) - 10
- Midway Monster: Create a legendary player from the past. - 50
- Can You Believe These Seats?!: Celebrate a touchdown in a wall hotspot - 30
- Steal Their Thunder: Steal an opposing player's touchdown celebration - 30
- Slam Dunk All-Star: Dunk the ball over the goalpost (or at least attempt to) after a touchdown - 30
- Shine In The Spotlight: Celebrate a touchdown in an endzone hotspot - 30
- Secret Achievement: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement. - 50
For passionate Madden NFL fans, this year’s iteration will take authenticity and depth of gameplay to an entirely new level with more than 85 new features and enhancements, including the all-new Virtual Trainer tutorial mode. Utilizing a holographic environment, this mode teaches gamers simple concepts about playing football and how to use the controls in quick, fun and stylized drills. In Madden NFL 09, the game engine is continually assessing the player’s performance and will adapt a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player.
Madden NFL 09 will also feature a network-inspired broadcast presentation. Players will benefit from the authentic football knowledge of an in-booth play-by-play and color commentary team featuring Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. In addition, numerous graphical enhancements have been made, including realistic weather and grass, sleeker player models and exterior stadium views.
Madden NFL 09 gives gamers the ability to create online leagues. Avid Madden NFL fans can now take their rivalries online and compete in leagues with up to 32 teams. Online league play will feature in-depth stat tracking, player trades and a flexible scheduling option.
NFL Head Coach 09 provides the complete NFL coaching experience, offering a variety of different ways to control an NFL franchise, on and off the field, in-season and off-season. With strategic game-planning features, NFL Head Coach 09 places gamers in the coach's seat by allowing gamers to comprehensively scout the opponent, build custom playbooks, and develop a team that will adapt to the philosophy and system of an NFL franchise.
Madden NFL 09 will be available for the Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, Wii, NDS, PSP on August 12, 2008. NFL Head Coach 09 is scheduled to ship as a part of the Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition at a suggested retail price of $89.99 for the complete package of Madden NFL 09 and NFL Head Coach 09 plus additional exclusive bonus content, will ship on the Xbox 360 and PS3. A standalone version of NFL Head Coach 09 will also be available at retail.
More articles about Madden NFL 09