IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war’s most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five theatres of war to engage in – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun' representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions.
- Authentic World War II atmosphere
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe and fly historically accurate aircraft
- Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation
- Thrilling multiplayer mode support customization - choose the color scheme of your plane and install your choice of weapons
- Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music from Jeremy Soule
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, developed by Gaijin Entertainment, is coming to X360, PS3, PSP (Beatshapers), NDS (DiP Interactive) in 2009.
More articles about IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey