Frontlines: Fuel of War is an open-world First Person Shooter set in the next great war. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the lifeblood of the world’s economy. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines intensely cinematic, non-linear game play, with next generation firepower and a revolutionary Frontline Combat System to deliver the most thrilling and engaging FPS to date.
Kaos Studios and THQ announced the upcoming release of a bonus game mode for their multiplayer shooter, named Conquer, allowing players to capture objectives in any order, anywhere on the map. The mode is reminiscent of an old fan favorite in previous shooters such as Rainbow Six, Star Wars Battlefront, and Conquest in the Battlefield series; though the Frontlines version will have a few of its own tweaks.
Kaos Design Director, David Votypka states: “We’re excited to bring another avenue of gameplay to Frontlines fans. With our original flagship game mode (frontlines), we were very pleased with the type of action and teamwork it created, and the fan reception to it. By adding an additional free mode for fans to play, our goal is to extend the enjoyment and gameplay time players can get from the product. We’re working hard to show continued support and dedication to our products and the community.”
This mode will be a free download for PC and Xbox 360’s Marketplace, and will be active in all of the original multiplayer maps that shipped with the game. In addition, all new downloadable content maps for the game will also feature the bonus Conquer mode gameplay.
An exact release date is not yet final, but Kaos is currently aiming for late June to early July.
- In both single player and multiplayer, players join the forces on the frontline that result in focused combat and increased intensity while allowing player choice.
- In both single player and multiplayer, players can create their own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. The player chips away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
- Over 60 next generation vehicles and weapons inspired by military designs of the near future. Including Jets, helicopters, tanks, APC’s and more.
- Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization.
- Supports up to 32 players on Console and 64 players on PC via LAN or Internet with shared targeting systems, squad based VOIP and more.
More articles about Frontlines: Fuel of War