The game will allow players to experience the show's high-pressure kitchen and dining room challenges to find out if they have what it takes to be a “Five-Star” chef. as a faithfully rendered 3D Chef Ramsay watches their every move.
"I had a great time doing the voice for my own animation,” said Gordon Ramsay. "Being in a video game is a new experience for me and I'm very pleased with the results.”
Fulfilling an order requires three important phases – preparation, cooking and service, all of which players must master to progress. Prepare ingredients, cook them to the correct quality and get food out of the kitchen on time. As they progress through the game, players will be rewarded with access to recipes from Chef Ramsay's own repertoire.
"Hell's Kitchen has everything a great video game needs: pressure, excitement and intense competition,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft North America. "We are very excited to be bringing the intensity of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and the Hell's Kitchen experience to the virtual world this fall.”
Hell’s Kitchen is a TV phenomenon featuring world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay putting aspiring chefs through rigorous culinary tests.
- Just like the contestants on the TV show, players must master all aspects of cooking: preparation, cooking and service
- Chef Ramsay watches your every move and judges you as you progress – yelling, praising or shutting down the kitchen if your skills don’t meet his expectations
- As you progress, you’ll gain access to authentic Gordon Ramsay recipes, including many that are exclusive to game owners. Players on Mac and PC can print or email these recipes to friends.
- In Career Mode, earn your stars to build your way up from a Single Star restaurant to a prestigious Five Star establishment. Then, continue to advance through seven more restaurant ranks. As your Star Rating advances, the recipes become more varied and intricate.
- In Arcade Mode, concentrate your efforts solely on food preparation and cooking. The pressure builds as customers become increasingly more demanding. Can you keep up with the pressure before the time is up? Or will Chef Ramsay lose patience and close the kitchen?
- Team up in Cooperative Multiplayer Mode (Wii only) with double cooking stations and shared ingredients. Play with a partner to advance through career mode
- Compete head to head in Competitive Multiplayer Mode (Wii only) to see who earns Chef Ramsay’s praise and who goes home.
More articles about Hell's Kitchen