In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed and now you are being hunted. You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.
Mirror’s Edge delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous. Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city, you will learn how to run.
Writer and story designer Rhianna Pratchett is responsible for crafting the intricate script for Mirror's Edge, introducing players to Faith, a 'runner' in a world where communication channels are highly monitored and the movement of human traffic is closely watched. When Faith's sister gets framed for a murder she did not commit, Faith finds herself on the edge of the city, on the wrong side of the law.
"It was a great experience working with the team at DICE to help breathe life into Faith; her world, relationships and backstory," said Rhianna Pratchett. "My heroines and heroes have always been the ones who were ordinary, but through the events of a story, became extraordinary. Faith is skilled, but she's certainly not a superhero. She has her flaws, like all of us. In short: she's real. That's her appeal."
Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.
"We were excited to work with Rhianna to develop the story, setting and character of Faith," said Owen O'Brien, Executive Producer, DICE. "We were extremely lucky to be able to work with someone who is not only a writer, but also a core gamer, to create the world of Mirror's Edge."
Pratchett also worked on a number of high profiles games including Heavenly Sword and Overlord that have been nominated for a BAFTA and Develop Award for creation of story, character and new intellectual property.
GameStop Exclusive Mirror’s Edge Runner Bag
- Identical in-game bag carried by Faith and other Runners to transport sensitive information in a world totally monitored by the government.
- Fits your PS3, XBOX360, or laptop for gaming on the run.
- Seven individual compartments keep your information safe and secure at all times.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and handles included.
- Pre-order your bag today, while supplies last.
Key Features :
- Heroes Emerge—A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners. Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Go Vertigo—Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and tendons strain as you chase and are chased throughout the city.
- Slip off the Edge—Perform amazing acrobatic moves from below street level, through buildings, and up to the dizzying heights of hyper real skyscrapers as you face off against your enemies or run for your life.
- Unrivaled Immersion—An exciting mix of chase, intense combat, strategy and puzzles draw you into a world like never before.
Mirror's Edge, developed by EA DICE, will ship in winter 2008 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and for the PC.
More articles about Mirror's Edge