Perimeter 2: New Earth is the long-awaited sequel of the critically acclaimed RTS Perimeter. Ideas of territorial gameplay and landscape modification introduced in the original game are now realized on a new concept & technology level. The VistaGame Engine enhances the dynamics and depth of gameplay, turning the battlefield into an arena for the confrontation of two elements - ground and water.
"We are excited to be working with KDV Games. We’re confident that Perimeter II will continue to build upon its award- winning tradition of developing great RTS games,” said Strategy First Business Development Manager, Emanuel Wall.
The story of Perimeter 2 continues the events from the original game. The Exodus, lead by the wise Spirits, have been searching for the New Earth. The Harkback have lost faith in the Spirits, overthrown their rule, and decided to head back for the Old Earth, not believing its death. Both sides took the final step on their way, but the chain has closed and mortal enemies entered the same planet face to face.
Perimeter 2 is a project for fans of the RTS genre. The revolutionary concept of terra-forming, along with new elements and fresh ideas, is sure to provide a unique gaming experience.
“Perimeter II is a project for intellectual gamers who appreciate a new gaming experience and innovative ideas. In order to make the most out of project potential, we were looking towards a publishing partner with the most experience in the RTS genre. Strategy First meets the case perfectly. We see our collaboration as a great opportunity to introduce fresh original ideas to true fans of the RTS genre in North America,” said Evgeny Novikov, Managing Director at KDV Games.
- Territorial warfare, based on the conflict of water and ground, brings gameplay to a new dimension.
- Unit transformation assures quick and effective reaction to the events on the battlefield as well as tactical diversity.
- Newly introduced Action-elements: players can enter the battle using the Providence - a Tactical Manipulator of Direct Action - and its super attacks: such as huge explosions, meteor showers, and more.
- Newly introduced RPG-elements: players can dig the gaming maps in search of psy-crystals that are used to unlock and upgrade Providence's super attacks. Furthermore, psy-crystals unlock important secrets about the past of New Earth.
- Exodus - the greatest expedition in the history of mankind, has reached its goal. But does it mean the end of suffering? And if New Earth is a trap, what price will it cost?
Release date: Fall 2008.
More articles about Perimeter 2: New Earth