Tecmo will have the following titles on display in the Concourse Pavilion at the Los Angeles Convention Center (booth # 417/419) between July 15th and 17th:
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff (NDS/Sept. 2008)
Based on the most popular Tecmo Super Bowl, Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff will deliver to long time fans and newcomers easy to employ controls, fun, huge plays and exciting cut-scenes. The classic, over-the-top, all-American football game enables players of all levels to engage in a fun filled, fast paced, arcade style of football.
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff brings a host of new features that will further enhance the gameplay experience, including:
- Customizable Teams: Choose team colors, emblems, player names, team cities and abilities.
- Super Abilities: Tactically use over-the-top plays to take over a game.
- Wi-Fi and Wireless Multiplayer: Play against friends across the country or across the room.
- Variety of Teams: Choose from 32 different teams across the country.
- Cut-Scenes: All-new cut-scenes showing off the dramatic presentation of various plays.
- Stylus Control: Feel the action by using the stylus to control your player.
- Customizable Playbook: Choose four running and four passing plays to your liking.
- Music and Sound Effects: Turn up the heat on your opponent as you play the game to rock ‘n’ roll remixes of the most memorable tunes in football gaming history!
Robocalypse (NDS/Oct. 2008)
Developed by Vogster Entertainment, Robocalypse is an innovative, new, real-time strategy game for the Nintendo DS. Featuring robotic armies equipped with unique weaponry, Robocalypse offers deep strategic warfare and a twist of humor.
A technological breakthrough for the Nintendo DS, Robocalypse features over 50 A.I. driven units with advanced distributed path-finding, dynamic music and stunning 3D particle effects. Supporting these advancements is a hilarious storyline penned by Jay Lender, a writer and director for the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants™, and Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums.
Key Features :
- Robots with Attitude: Create an army by choosing from a multitude of different robot units with specialized skills and weapons that gain power as you destroy the enemy.
- Wacky Weapons: Over 20 groundbreaking weapon types with spectacular visual effects, including; Converter Cannons, Falling Anvils, the Head-Crack’n Gauntlet and Digitizers.
- Total Stylus Control: Simplified controls and innovative Action Flag system reduces the complexity of commanding units. No buttons – just point and tap.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: 2 to 4 multiplayer wireless DS multi-card play – play head to head or co-op with unique maps and multiple play modes, then track your progress in the Hall of Fame.
- Heroes Win the War: Courageous Heroes embody powerful abilities and can be controlled directly in combat. Rampage Mode, Conversion (turn enemies into refrigerators) and Leadership (unite soldiers into a single fighting unit) are just a few of their supreme capabilities.
- Epic Storymode: Military routines are accidentally installed into prototype robots, turning them into hunter killers. Disaster ensues and to save humanity, a new batch of robots is implanted with the brain scans of retired WWII vets, giving rise to an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen. Campaign includes 17 unique missions, hidden objectives and a robust reward system.
Spray (Wii/Holiday 2008)
Tecmo has signed an agreement with Eko Software for the exclusive North American publishing rights to SPRay, an action-adventure game developed for the Wii that features a unique gameplay mechanic involving the use of several liquids that are sprayed onto the game universe.
Players will soak in the action in SPRay by playing a spirited Prince named Ray who must save his village from a banished evil Queen who’s returned to capture and enslave the villagers. After donning a magic crown which summons two liquid spraying spirits, he sets out to defeat the evil Queen and her army of anti-matter soldiers. Skillfully use the “angelic” and “wicked” spirits to spray water, oil, goo, and other liquids on enemies and surfaces to solve puzzles and wipe out evil!
Key Features :
- Perform gravity-defying moves as you spray, stick, and slide your way through challenging puzzles
- Creatively fight enemies by blasting various liquids on them and finishing them with a flurry of sword slashes!
- Use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to take hold of Ray’s “angelic” and “wicked” spirits
- Get together with friends to play crazy multiplayer games like “Paint It!” and “Sticky Chewing Gum”
The game has not yet been rated by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB).