Updates in Version 1.04:
- GUI: Long log messages bound within box
- UTF8 character support for controls
- Dialog Caption: Text truncation bug fixed
- Incorrect mana/health bonus from items bug fixed
- options.exe: Language bug fixed
- Adept03 name changed to "Dead Mage"
- "find my true self" Easter egg removed
- Workaround for telescope quest in Update 1.03 installed during running quest
Upgrades in version 1.03:
- monster health bar instead of "wounded text"
- low mana / health feedback improved
- bugfix: unexpected monster health refill
- bugfix: monster disappears
- bugfix: planetarium laser
- balancing: Kalios fire dwarf quest easier
- balancing: Tertius boss monster in vault level easier
- workaround: 'disable videos' option for users with codec / driver problems
Key Upgrades in Version 1.02:
- Three new auto save options (now the game saves in three separate auto save slots so players may reload a previous auto save if an old one is overwritten)
- Unnecessary quest items removed
- Overall performance improvements including various technical fixes
- Video related fixes including DirectShow (DirectX)
Avencast is not only about combat. There are strong adventure elements involving numerous perilous quests, scouring vast environments for powerful items, solving riddles, and engaging with various NPC's to advance the compelling story.
The player begins their journey as an adept attending the renowned magic academy – Avencast – a place of learning in a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery.
As an apprentice, the player is expected to complete a number of diverse quests to hone their skills in potions, spell casting, weaponry, and melee combat. As the story unravels, your character's purpose becomes clear –things at the academy are not as they appear and when Avencast is descended upon by demonic hordes the very survival of his world is at stake. Armed with over 60 different combat moves and spells, and over one hundred different equipment items plus variations, the player must fight various nightmarish creatures and transcend dimensions into the past. The intriguing plot thickens revealing treachery, deceit, the tragic destiny of a forgotten people, and an astonishing truth that will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
Avencast: Rise of the Mage is a game accessible to both novice RPG players while still challenging core RPG and Action fans with a great variety of skills and strategies.
- Many hours of exciting gameplay set in diverse worlds
- Over 30 Fantasy Based Monsters with Advanced A.I.– Each with their own combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves, their reactions are dependant upon the player's behavior, attack strategy, and even health
- Strong Player Personification – In third person view, the character's appearance changes as they acquire new equipment, armor, and weapons
- State-of-the-art 3D Engine not only allows for a fluid combat system but also generates special lighting and shadowing effects for a fully engaging experience. Players are immersed into ominous settings like dark dungeons with looming pillars and large corridors; creatures are more imposing with their highly detailed silhouettes
- Learn Special Moves from Different Skill Trees – Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control) – both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat
- An RPG by mechanics, but also a game that can be enjoyed by a broad range of players – RPG, Action, and Adventure
More articles about Avencast: Rise of the Mage