Shred Nebula will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade early 2008. It is the first original game developed and published by CrunchTime Games Inc. The game was made by 5 freshly graduated (1 about to graduate) game developers, 2 former street fighter development veterans, and 1 7 year QA guy promoted to apprentice level designer!
- The game is a top-down free-roaming space shooter with unparalleled action and depth, featuring ship based space combat, intergalactic exploration and multiplayer dog-fighting.
- Shred Nebula contains revolutionary ship physics, cutting edge controls and fresh gameplay that re-defines space combat. The control has you actively flying the ship with full drift style physics made famous by Asteroids but completely re-stylized for the Xbox 360 and updated for 2007.
- The game is powered by CrunchTime Games' new R.A.K. Engine (Roaming Arcade Killer Engine) which has been built from the ground up on DirectX 9.0c with the Xbox 360 and multiplayer combat in mind.
- The graphics in Shred Nebula rival full DVD high-def assets. The space environments are massive, deep, foreboding and alive- featuring the most detailed animation of any space game ever. The game has over 40+ different environments!
- In motion the game is a sight to behold between the extreme 3D depth of the environments and the 'flow' of the ship and enemies as they dog-fight, plus over the top special fx and details only seen in AAA quality games- Shred Nebula is truly in a movement class of it's own.
- The game features in-depth single and multiplayer modes. Details to come, but the game is dedicated to cover players that are adventure, score and multiplayer driven with full score system and leader board support.
- Multiplayer is deep with full fighting game infusion into this genre to create intense dog-fighting in space with weapon based counters, specials and more.
- Vast array of enemies that feature multi-tiered attacks and defenses.
- Lead ship is known as the RIP ROCKET.
- Story details are still secret, but here is the basic hook: Are you brave enough to take the single man craft: RIP ROCKET on its maiden voyage and travel through uncharted space? If so, The Shred awaits…
More articles about Shred Nebula