Fully reimagined, Final Fantasy IV arrives on NDS featuring glorious 3D graphics, all-new voiced cutscenes and amazing CG adapted to dual-screen presentation. The engaging turn-based gameplay and dramatic storyline are renewed with added detail and depth, resulting in a classic RPG experience that is both reminiscent of the original and thoroughly innovative in its own right.
Now with an enhanced Active Time Battle system, new translation and a beautifully remixed score from world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu, Final Fantasy IV makes a powerful return, more absorbing and accessible than ever before.
Final Fantasy IV fans can now visit the Square Enix members site for a selection of addictive mini-games! Play Rydia's Mathemagic Minute, a calculation game also featured in the latest Final Fantasy IV release on Nintendo DS. Final Fantasy IV Multiplayer Card Games will become available on August 7, 2008, enabling on-site interaction between North American members for the first time.
The Square Enix members site offers exclusive access to developer interviews, downloadable content and trailers. With the interactive Game Zone, fans can play mini-games based on their favorite Square Enix titles and leave their mark on the official ranking system.
Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things which offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might which they possess...
Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil -- Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings -- is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.
Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honor that he must be?
Key Features :
- Witness the dramatic and thrilling story of this mythical game world brought to life through astounding 3D graphics, gorgeous CG cutscenes and top-notch voice acting
- Create a versatile party using the all-new Augment System -- a dynamic system that allows the player to assign special abilities to characters
- Dive into the first RPG to incorporate the innovative Active Time Battle system, now further enhanced and refined for the Nintendo DS
- Listen to a beautifully remixed score by world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu that breathes new life into some of the most beloved Final Fantasy themes
- Navigate effortlessly through the game with Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls while receiving vital assistance via the dual-screen presentation
- Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection
Final Fantasy IV, rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older, is now available at North American retailers for $39.99 (USD).