In Afro Samurai, follow Afro in his tale of revenge as he searches for his father’s murderer and the holder of the coveted number one headband. The game follows the plot of the original anime series with added material and background for fans and new comers alike.
He who possesses the #1 Headband, will rule the world! Afro Samurai is the cutting edge game that delivers a new kind of cinematic game experience, a living episode that offers addictive, immersive and compelling gameplay that’s literally dripping in style. Join Afro in his epic hunt for revenge to avenge the murder of his father by the current owner of the #1 Headband. Afro Samurai blends traditional Japanese culture, funky technology and hip hop to create a brutally fresh interactive experience. The hit, animated TV series now comes to life!
Blood is beautiful in this hip hop infused action adventure as Samuel L. Jackson reprises his role as Afro and Ninja Ninja, his wisecracking sidekick. A striking cross-hatch art style gives Afro Samurai a truly unique look and feel across beautifully animated open environments as he wages war against his adversaries to become number one. Using an innovative gameplay system, enemy A.I. is affected by the beat of the musical score supervised by The RZA of Wu-Tang Clan fame. These dynamic battles ensure stylized encounters throughout the game that affect the overall tone of gameplay. Slice and dismember opponents as Afro acrobatically leaps from one location to the next, interacting with anything and everything in the environment to help him on his journey.
Adding to the Comic-Con excitement, an Afro Samurai panel will be conducted on Thursday, July 24 (4:15pm – 5:15pm; Room 6B) featuring the creators behind the hit series including star and executive producer Samuel L. Jackson (The Spirit), musical artist The RZA, (Kill Bill), original creator Takashi Okazaki, and executive producer Leo Chu (Spike TV). This will be a rare opportunity to hear from the talent behind the Afro Samurai franchise and how it translates to different platforms such as video games and the anime series. Hear first-hand about their experiences in the development process, behind-the-scenes anecdotes, and their inspiration for the characters, music and the story. Be the first to see the worldwide premiere of the exclusive Comic-Con trailer, dazzling artwork from the manga, and never-before-seen demos of the pulse-pounding video game.
- Unparalleled Star Power – Samuel L. Jackson stars as the voice of Afro Samurai and Ninja Ninja along with a musical score by RZA of Wu-Tang Clan fame and Chuy Gomez, famous DJ and hip hop music expert
- Dynamic Character Movement – Afro interacts with anything and everything in the environment in beautifully animated open world environments
- A Tale of Revenge – Afro Samurai follows the exploits of the original series and includes new material and background for fans of the series and newcomers alike
- Blood is Beautiful – A striking art style, shading and texturing that give Afro Samurai a truly unique look and feel
- Style and Rhythm – Innovative gameplay system where the music affects the enemy AI and the tone of the gameplay
- “Elegant Violence” – A balanced experience between stylistic combat and acrobatic platforming with the ability to dynamically slice and dismember enemies with ease The Batt le To Become #1 Begins!
Release : Q1 2009
More articles about Afro Samurai