Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an RPG-Adventure game series set in the comic-book-meets-pulp-horror-meets-H.P. Lovecraft deranged 1920s universe of New Arcadia, delivered to gamers via accessible episodic releases. Players join Gabe and Tycho, the crime-solving team of the Startling Developments Detective Agency, to combat savage enemies and solve mysteries hidden deep in the sinister heart of New Arcadia. The game is the result of close collaboration between Hothead Games and Penny Arcade, featuring distinct artwork and characters designed exclusively by Mike "Gabe" Krahulik, story and dialogue by Jerry "Tycho" Holkins, and all brought to life by the Hothead team.
"We keep getting emails asking why our Penny Arcade game is not on PSN," said Hothead's CEO, Vlad Ceraldi. "We have always said we wanted to have our games on as many platforms as possible to give choice to gamers. All good things take time and we are very excited to be debuting our first PS3 title and look forward to bringing more games to this platform in the future."
Key game features:
- Hilarious, over-the-top dialogue written by Jerry Holkins in a style that will be familiar to Penny Arcade fans.
- Progressively unravel the game’s mysteries through classic adventure game play.
- Battle an array of zany enemies with the RPG combat system.
- An interactive Penny Arcade comic: customize the look and dress of your character and explore the unusual world of New Arcadia.
- Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, The Fruit F*cker 2000 and many favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik.
- Set in a steampunk meets pulp horror meets H.P. Lovecraft alternate Penny Arcade universe.
Currently available on Xbox 360's Live Arcade and PC, Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One is currently in development for the PS3 and will debut on PlayStation Network late fall 2008.