Developed by racing game specialists Eutechnyx, Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli draws upon the developer’s years of experience with racing titles and includes a uniquely magical touch from GP2 driver Bruno Senna, nephew of F1 legend Ayrton and technical consultant on the game’s handling.
50 expertly-modelled Ferraris are available, along with the full complement of Ferrari Challenge series tracks, exquisitely balanced handling, remarkably lifelike opponent AI and the most comprehensive custom vinyl editor yet seen in a PlayStation racing title. With online multiplayer for up to 8 racers and System 3’s innovative Card Challenge mini-game also included, Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli’s PS2 incarnation proves itself to be no poor relation to its bigger cousin and is in prime position to become the definitive racing experience for the platform.
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli is a visual powerhouse with a racing style that is fast and accessible, yet the feel is more “sim” than arcade. It includes over 15 international racing circuits along with multiple gameplay modes such as Ferrari Challenge Seasons, Time Trial, Quick Race, and Endurance. Racing can be taken online with up to 16 players in a variety of challenges including circuits, hill climbs, and more.
Adding to an already impressive 16 real world circuits, the first downloadable content pack features the infamous 5.2km Nürburgring F1 Strecke, one of the toughest, most demanding and most dangerous racetrack in the world. To compliment the addition of another world class circuit, five new cars will be available as part of the content pack, or individually on PlayStation Network.
Cementing the Ferrari tradition of making the most sought after cars in the world, the first selection of additional cars will offer speed, class, finesse and raw power:
- Ferrari Enzo: The most powerful, naturally aspirated production car in the world, named after Ferrari’s Founder, Enzo Ferrari. Built using Formula 1 technology in 2003, it features an aerodynamic carbon fibre body and a sequential shift transmission for the ultimate in acceleration.
- F430 Spider: Featuring a mid-mounted engine which allows the hood to be stored between the engine and the seats, this convertable offers the speed you’d expect from a Ferrari, but with an elegance and style like no other.
- P4/5: The Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina is a custom designed beast capable of accelerating from 0-62mpg in 3.0 seconds, 0.14 seconds quicker than the Enzo. Featuring butterfly doors, the P4/5 is capable of travelling at 160 mph with no wind noise.
- 612 Scaglietti: A rare breed among Ferraris, offering a four seat experience, the 612 Scaglietti pays homage to the 375 MM commissioned in 1954 by then Director Roberto Rossellini for his wife Ingrid Bergman. Much like the classic, Casablanca, in which Bergman appeared, true beauty never fades.
- 599 GTB Fiorano: Named after its engine displacement (5999cc) and Ferrari’s world famous test track, the 599 is Ferrari’s flagship Gran Turismo model. With modern styling under the direction of Frank Stephenson, there’s no greater match of style, precision and power.
“To compliment an already huge array of Ferraris on offer in Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli, we’ve hand-picked the most sought after models to launch our first downloadable content pack,” said Mark Cale, CEO, System 3. “We’re pleased to give the community another world class race track on which to race these fantastic cars. We’re not planning on stopping there, with more downloadable content packs to be announced shortly, cementing Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli as the most feature packed simulation available for PS3.”
- Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli is the only video game to feature every track from the world renowned 430 series Ferrari Challenge. Every track has been recreated in painstaking detail, offering a racing experience closer to real life than ever before.
- Recreating the experience of driving a Ferrari isn’t just about visual flair, but about how the car feels and sounds. System 3 has modelled each car in exquisite detail with engine and environmental audio recorded both internally and externally.
- Once the race is over, watch television quality replays of the race from beginning to end. From behind the action, inside the wheel arch or overhead views, there is no competition for Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli’s replay system.
- Driving the average car is nothing compared to the thrill and excitement of stepping behind the wheel of a Ferrari. Utilising some of the best development talent in the videogames and motorsport industries, System 3 has crafted a game that demands respect, and rewards it in return. With some of the most advanced handling physics achieved on each format, nothing will feel like a Ferrari before or after you sit behind the wheel in Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli.
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli will hit shelves late summer 2008 for PS3 and PS2, Wii, and NDS.
More articles about Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli