East India Company showcases dynamic warfare on the open sea, the challenge of establishing profitable trade routes throughout the World, and tense political situations. East India Company is based on the exploits and adventures of the infamous 18th century East India Companies. Developed by Finland based Nitro Games Ltd., players will enjoy building the World's largest trading empire and engaging in vigorous battles within a breathtaking cinematic game environment, in both single player and multiplayer modes. East India Company promises to take strategy war-games to new levels with its technically advanced proprietary game engine. Players will fight, manage and rule nations from Europe to the Far East.
In East India Company, players will assume the role of Governor Director of one of the East India Companies or other rival companies. There are eight nationalities to choose from: British, Dutch, French, Danish, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian or Spanish – with the goal of bringing new colonies and wealth such as: tea, spices, gold, diamonds and other precious cargo back to Europe, but they must dominate the other rival empires along the way. Wars will be waged and blood will be spilled. Players will also conquer the open sea and explore 40 different cities, towns and villages.
“East India Company promises to take Real-time Strategy War games to new levels,” said Raymond Snippe, Senior Development Manager of Lighthouse Interactive. “Allowing more development time further ensures that Nitro Games will deliver the best gaming experience possible. We want to wow strategy fans with EIC’s technically advanced proprietary game engine and incredible cinematic game environments. We are confident that gamers will agree it’s worth the wait.
Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivaling nations at bay. Choose from an array of ship classes and types of transport and military vessels: small sloops, schooners, brigantines, frigates and ship-of-the-line. Create different fleets and assign them to specific trading routes. Controlling well situated ports and upgrading them is one key to success.
Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the spectacular naval battles are fought at a real-time tactical level. Devastating broadsides are fired with a deafening roar and cannon balls tear through enemy ships and their crew. At a tactical level, you have direct command over your ship and give independent orders to each of your other fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all others!
- Spectacular cinematic and epic naval battles
- Two Command Modes: Give orders to all your ships in RTS mode or take the helm of a single ship in deck level
- Unique combination of war and trading
- Eight playable nations: England, France, Holland, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Italy and Spain
- Over 10 realistic ship types; from small sloops and cutters to the East Indiaman and warships
- Realistic yet fast-paced naval combat
- Hire fleet commanders who will gain new skills and increase the abilities of your fleets
- Take over ports and protect your shipping routes to create the largest trading empire
- Supports up to 10 simultaneous players
- Player statistics tracked on the EIC game server
- Raise your ranking by thwarting your opponents
- Supporting several exciting multiplayer modes, such as "Escort" and "Breaktrough"
- Sink your rivals' ship or board them to take control in bloody hand-to-hand combat
- Declare war on rival empires fought at a real-time tactical level
- Take over colonies and expand your empire
- Command ships and fleets independently
East India Company is developed by Nitro Games, previously known as Encore Games, and is scheduled for release Q1 2008.
More articles about East India Company