In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed and now you are being hunted. You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.
Mirror’s Edge delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous. Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city, you will learn how to run.
Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.
DICE is teaming up with DC Comics' WildStorm to create an exclusive, limited-edition Mirror's Edge comic book. EA and DC Comics will distribute the first issue of the Mirror's Edge comic book series at Comic-Con International in San Diego. The game will also be on display at booth #5233.
"This partnership with DC Comics sets the stage as readers explore Faith's world in Mirror's Edge," said Owen O'Brien, Senior Producer, DICE. "The unique graphic style offered by the comic book genre is perfect for taking fans through her back-story. Frame by frame, page by page, we'll learn more about the events that shaped both her and the city."
Based on the upcoming Mirror's Edge video game, the comic combines the talents of writer and story designer Rhianna Pratchett with artist Matthew Dow Smith. Pratchett is also responsible for crafting the intricate script for the game. The six-part comic series will introduce readers to Faith and her fellow 'Runners' - a network of couriers who use acrobatic moves to avoid being detected as they traffic packages across a network of rooftops and aerial skyways.
"Rhianna and DICE have created an amazing game with a great backstory," said Hank Kanalz, Vice President/General Manager for WildStorm. "The characters have really come alive in the game, and we are pleased that we will be able to add to the canon of the Mirror's Edge universe with this project."
GameStop Exclusive Mirror’s Edge Runner Bag
- Identical in-game bag carried by Faith and other Runners to transport sensitive information in a world totally monitored by the government.
- Fits your PS3, XBOX360, or laptop for gaming on the run.
- Seven individual compartments keep your information safe and secure at all times.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and handles included.
- Pre-order your bag today, while supplies last.
Key Features :
- Heroes Emerge—A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners. Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Go Vertigo—Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and tendons strain as you chase and are chased throughout the city.
- Slip off the Edge—Perform amazing acrobatic moves from below street level, through buildings, and up to the dizzying heights of hyper real skyscrapers as you face off against your enemies or run for your life.
- Unrivaled Immersion—An exciting mix of chase, intense combat, strategy and puzzles draw you into a world like never before.
Mirror's Edge, developed by EA DICE, will ship in winter 2008 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and for the PC.
More articles about Mirror's Edge