Start practicing your evil laughter and sharpen your lurking in a suspicious manner skills; BioWare is giving you the chance to become our minion for the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle in August and wield infinite dark power*.
The BioWare minion is entitled to:
- Airfare to and from Seattle, WA from any major centre within North America
- Hotel accommodations in Seattle for four nights during PAX on Aug 28 to Sept 1, 2008
- $500 spending money
- One three day access badge for PAX
- Three "I am the BioWare Minion" t-shirts
- Sony DVD Camcorder
How do I enter?
- Sign-up to be a BioWare community member. If you are already a member you are clearly awesome
- Film yourself explaining why you are the best choice to be BioWare’s minion.
- Email your video with "Minion Contest" and your community account name in the subject line. Please do this. Please. Please.
- Video should be 1 to 2 minutes in length and no more then 15 MB in file size.
You can explain about your love for BioWare and our games, you can extol the virtues of Gabe & Tycho from Penny Arcade, you can reminisce about your childhood in Seattle or you can admit to always wanting to go out to dinner with Evil Chris Priestly. Whatever you think makes YOU the best choice for us to pick.
Who can enter?
- BioWare community members over the age of 21
- Residents of North America except for the state of Rhode Island and the province of Quebec
- You must be able to travel within the USA on and around August 28 to Sept 1, 2008
- Be excellent
- Video format should be .mpg, .avi or .mov. If we can’t open your video we can’t watch it.
- No nudity, profanity or other questionable content
- Do not break any state, provincial or federal laws
- You cannot record anyone but yourself in the video
- Do not feature third party logos or trademarks
- BioWare staff can disqualify any entry if deemed unacceptable
The BioWare Community Team will watch all of the submissions and choose the top entries that we think are the most outstanding for some follow-up questions over the phone. We will then choose a single winner from these candidates and he or she will become the BioWare PAX minion. Long live the minion!
Contest closes July 28, 2008
*And by infinite dark power we mean a newly sharpened HB pencil and maybe a clipboard