This patch doesn't require the previous patch (and if it is already installed, it's no problem). You can change the name of the file as it suits you, it won't disrupt anything.
The v1.02 patch addresses:
- improved shaders for ground vehicles, helicopters and buildings
- improved shaders for cockpits
- improved sky reflection map
- improved models for Ka-52, Mi-24 and AH-64
- fixed Mi-24 door bug
- fixed bug concerning Russian missiles and missile launchers
- fixed USA soldier bug
- fixed SAM soldier bug
- fixed bug with invisible/missing objects on airports and FARPs
- fixed invisible object collision bug
- new objects added on airports and FARPs
- corrected texture for OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Enemy Engaged 2 - Patch Details
- Low flight collision with terrain error fixed.
- Collision with destroyed ( invisible ) buildings now fixed.
- Collision with bushes in Korea campaign fixed.
- Tree popping fixed.
- Most of the buttons and indicator lights in Comanche cockpit are now functional.
- Most of the buttons and indicator lights in Hokum cocpit are now functional.
- The messages related to damaged systems on the small screen between the pilots knees in the Comanche cocpit are now displayed properly.
- Some spelling errors in Comanche cockpit are corrected.
- Improved Apache model.
- Improved Black Hawk model.
- dbghelp.dll file added - the absence of this file on some systems prevented the game to start.
- Misspelled text on the fuel tank is now corrected.
Enemy Engaged 2 is the sequel to the best selling chopper classic, “Enemy Engaged: RAH-66 Comanche Versus Ka-52 Hokum”, a game that received universal praise for its dynamic and ground breaking content and continues to maintains a large player base. Released in 2000, the original Enemy Engaged set the standard for 21st century flight sims with stunningly realistic visuals and attention to detail.
G2 Games confirmed that the finished game will feature Voice Control elements that use a microphone attached to the PC. Enemy Engaged 2 players will be able to issue vocal commands to their AI wingmen during combat missions. The commands will include setting up defensive or offensive flight formations, attacking or defending targets, heading to waypoints and many more. Using voice control in the missions will add a whole new dimension to the experience of Enemy Engaged 2 and a level of interactivity second to none for a flight simulation.
G2 have also confirmed that Enemy Engaged 2 will also support TrackIR software technology and hardware. The ingame support aims to feature cockpit and gunnery control through player head motion when interacting with the TrackIR hardware. This is yet another feature of the game that will immerse pilots even further into the Enemy Engaged 2 experience!
Testing of Enemy Engaged 2 multiplayer servers for the game is now nearing completion. Players will be able to participate in up to 16 player online matches when the game goes live. Partners for server hosting have been arranged prior to the game launch to ensure that anyone who wishes to play the game online will have a smooth, lag-free and enjoyable experience.
Enemy Engaged 2 is set to take the series even further with new dynamic missions and a complete overhaul of graphics and audio that bring the game up to date with the latest and best flight simulations available.
- Modern helicopter combat simulation with realistic flight physics.
- Three exciting theaters of war with two opposing campaigns each.
- Dynamic real-time battlefields. No linear mission plot or predefined unit behavior.
- Over 30,000 square kilometers of flying area over Lebanon, Taiwan and Korea.
- Diverse combat environments executed in lush 3D detail under a wide range of weather conditions.
- Over 1,200 very detailed and blue-print precise vehicles, chosen from among proven classics in actual use in armed forces around the globe.
- Use immersive voice control to command your gunner and wingman.
“Enemy Engaged 2” will be available across North America Q2, 2007 at the suggested price of $19.99, and in Europe May 25, 2007.
More articles about Enemy Engaged 2