Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory v1.4 Patch/Addon contains:
* The map editor is available. (News and video about the editor)
* Added 2 new multiplayer missions: "The Island of abandoned tanks", "Two Junctions".
* Added 3 new single player missions: "Krasnograd", "Barvenkovo", "Winter Strike".
* Allied campaign. Europe, 1944.
* USSR campaign. Crimean Peninsula, 1943.
* German campaign. France, 1944.
* Battle of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.
* Defense of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.
* Paratroopers. (News and screenshots)
* Ambushes in houses. When AI firing is OFF for soldiers in a house, it will be shown as neutral for enemies until an enemy will try to occupied the building.
* Some tanks can carry up to 6 soldiers on them. (News and screenshots)
* Tank commanders can prop their heads out of the hatch to increase the range of sight. Though it makes them more vulnerable.
* Machineguns and mortars can be loaded in trucks.
* New damage system. (News and video about new damage model)
* Original missions are reworked to bring replayability.
* Checked and corrected units’ stats, such as tower rotation speed, rate of fire, number of crew and ammunition to make them proper from the historical point of view.
* Fireglow own matchmaking service SuddenStrikeNet. Finding network games is way easier now!
* Added new options for multiplayer games:
"Random color" - setting this option "ON" prevents all players from changing their color. The colors will be assigned automatically, with red, yellow, brown and orange colors go to the red team while all others - to the blue one.
"Capture time" - flags capture time
"Capture period" - periodical reinforcements' interval.
"Disable howitzers" - disables howitzers in reinforcements.
* Improved Follow and Board commands.
* Visualization for harrisons and passengers.
* Winter landscapes have been added. (News and screenshots)
* New cursors mode and other minor improvements in GUI.
* Score calculation has been improved.
Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory is the latest instalment in the award-winning, critically acclaimed and hugely popular Sudden Strike series. It features historically authentic models built to scale, fully interactive giant maps and full 3-D state-of-the-art graphics in the popular Sudden Strike style. Only Sudden Strike plays like the 'real thing'. WW2 gaming at its best: on land, at sea and in the air!
There will be four campaigns; two of them are on the Pacific islands, and two of them in Europe. The player will be able to play for the American or Japanese armies in the Pacific, and for the Allies or Germans in Europe. This will be the first RTS engine to render accurate vast marine and land battlefields (maps contain more than 150 "virtual" square kilometers).
Three new single-player missions and two multiplayer missions will be shipped with the Sudden Strike 3 - Addon. Two of new singleplayer missions form a Campaign, in which player will fight on a German side against USSR forces at summer 1942. Third is an independent singleplayer mission, where player will take command of an Allied forces in Ardennes at autumn 1944 and will try to stop German invasion.
One of the multiplayer missions is designed for four players, the other is for six players. Also we have rebalanced part of our old missions.
- Fully interactive landscape (all objects can be destroyed, all buildings and pillboxes can be used as shelter)
- Massive operations on big maps, strategic scale of the maps (front line can be a few kilometres long)
- Thousands of units fighting in real time
- More than 300 tanks, ships, soldiers, guns and planes with original weapons built to scale
- Great sounds, 5.1 supported, nations speak native languages
- New feature - advanced Micro AI-behaviour allows your troops to act exactly as you plan
- Joint naval and ground operations, air raids, artillery strikes etc.
- State-of-the-art technology to render 3D landscape, realistic lines of sight and fire
- Spectacular visual & lighting effects
- Multiplayer mode: up to 8 players, GameSpy supported
- Five campaigns playable for American, British, German, Japanese and Soviet sides
Estimated release date for this add-on is June 2008.