The heart of this update is a new line-up of exciting automotive programming for “Gran Turismo TV”, the in-game automotive media channel. Gearheads will enjoy a host of new free and pay-per-view programming, including “Top Gear“, UK’s premier car entertainment program, and Japan’s “Best Motoring” video magazine, dedicated to the pursuit of the pleasure of driving.
Whether you’re in the mood to tour Ferrari’s factory in Italy with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi, or to be insulted by Jeremy Clarkson talking trash about your favorite cars, or even sitting down to watch some mad Japanese race drivers play ‘car soccer’, there is a variety of choices for all types of car fans. Gran Turismo TV is housed within Gran Turismo 5 Prologue so access and videos is all in-game!
A few other notes about Gran Turismo TV for you to keep in mind:
- For the first two weeks only, Sony are providing all pay-per-view content for at a discounted price of $.99! It’s a good way to get a taste Gran Turismo TV. The HD content shot for the exclusive stuff looks pretty amazing. Following the initial two-week period, content will start at $1.99. So start downloading away!
- Be sure to check the full content list for a full content list, as new programs will be added on a regular basis.
- Gran Turismo TV will also include new features that allow viewers to fast forward, rewind, and move between chapters when viewing video content.
- Viewers can download up to 8 episodes simultaneously and pause individual downloads.
In addition, other gameplay enhancements come with this update, like fixes in penalty judgments, more tire choices for Time Trial and improved physics during collisions between cars during online races
Gran Turismo has raced far beyond a driving simulator experience; it is a global lifestyle. Setting the bar to unprecedented heights of realism, quality of design and physics technology with every product release, famed developer Polyphony Digital, Inc. continues to obscure the line between simulation and reality with the newest iteration of its blockbuster franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Available on Blu-ray Disc and as a download via PlayStation Network, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue showcases the automotive experience that is imminent with Gran Turismo 5. Featuring over 60 meticulously detailed cars - including vehicles by Ferrari, Audi and Nissan - for users to race on five beautifully rendered reversible tracks from around the globe, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning1080p High Definition. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will also introduce to the franchise an in-cockpit view, providing a unique perspective for racers and featuring real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle. Additionally, in conjunction with a robust offline experience, for the first time in the history of the franchise Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will support up to 16 players racing head-to-head online, complete with community events and leaderboards, to quell any question of who is the best driver in the “World of GT.”
Headlining the roster of over 60 vehicles and 14 additional tuned cars is the Ferrari 599, the Nissan GT-R and the Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic. Players can race these cars and many more around six meticulously rendered tracks, including Daytona International Speedway, London City track and a series favorite, High Speed Ring. Furthermore, additional features will be available to North American consumers, including a Drift Mode, Car Tuning, two-player split screen racing and a new set of offline and online Race Events.
- A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.
- Race more than 60 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars, including vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
- Race on five stunningly realistic tracks, including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka.
- A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.
- A new in-cockpit view provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Real-time gauges and human animations accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting and more strategic race racing experience.
- Access to Gran Turismo TV: a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video) programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PlayStation Network.
- To extend the realistic driving experience, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new Dualshock 3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and more.
- The player's drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.
- Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle's performance, including power, weight, tires and suspension.
- Two-player Split Screen Racing -- Allows players to race head-to-head against friends and foes offline.
- New racing events and time trials are available for players to race both offline and online. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports up to 16 players racing online simultaneously.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature various innovative and revolutionary modes to harness the PS3's capabilities while further developing an automotive lifestyle and global community. Among them is Gran Turismo TV, a new dedicated online channel available exclusively from Playstation Network that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and manufacturer content. A new in-cockpit view features real-time gauges and human animations that accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle. More dynamic and adjustable Artificial Intelligence, a user homepage called My Page and a new physics engine round out some of the other features players can expect in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. To extend the realistic driving experience, Prologue is also compatible with the new Dualshock 3 wireless controller, which has vibration functionality.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is currently available on PS3/PSN.
More articles about Gran Turismo 5 Prologue