Monster Madness: Grave Danger is building off of the base created by the original Monster Madness: Battle For Suburbia released earlier this year on Xbox 360. Taking on the role of four intrepid teenagers, players will set out to save their town from the evil that’s been unleashed. With tightened controls, a host of mini-games, a polished camera and newly built in extras, Monster Madness: EX promises to be the beat-em-up brawler PS3 system owners have been looking for.
The title’s developer, Psyonix Studios, has taken the series back to the drawing board and analyzed every aspect of the game to revamp and fully realize the core fast paced monster blasting action for its foray onto the PS3. Improvements from the original Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia include, completely reconstructed camera angles, tightened control scheme, updated graphics and expanded online multiplayer modes. One of the biggest requests from fans the first time around was an online cooperative story mode. Monster Madness: Grave Danger includes four player online co-op, but the terror doesn’t end there! Expect over 15 new character costumes and over 20 new “Challenge” mini-games to bolster the already rich gameplay experience.
- Top-down shooter action with full online co-op adventure mode that allows up to four players to experience all of the gameplay of the story mode
- Extra players can dynamically join or leave at any time during the cooperative Adventure so that the gaming never stops.
- Interactive environments, full of destructible elements, structures and physical objects.
- Five unique, interactive environments full of destructible elements, structures and objects, with a total of 18 levels
- Over 70 different Monster enemy types, each with their own unique attacks and strategies
- Drivable vehicles including go-karts, hovercraft, mech-walkers, UFOs and more
- Player characters are now customizable with over 100 purchasable (in-game currency) power-up accessory items, each containing unique gameplay status effects
- 25 new challenge missions, including UFO Shooter, Lava Battle, Zombie Cats and more
- 16 new character-specific costumes, including pirate, ballet dancer, devil, wizard and more
- 12 player online support for Deathmatch and Capture the Flag game modes, and deadly traps and environmental hazards make each competitive multiplayer level a different experience
Monster Madness: Grave Danger is in development for PS3 and scheduled to launch on August 5, 2008 or $39.99.
More articles about Monster Madness: Grave Danger