- The scores sorting was broken, most notably in laps mode.
- in laps mode: the score of a disconnected player isn't reset any more.
- The in-game server no longer traps users in spectator mode .
- one more crash fixed.
- now works with windows 2000 .
- the delay on the start line in time attack.
- a few more crash fixed.
Main changes since previous fix:
- many crash fixes
- Fixed spectator mode keyboard shortcuts (in follow mode, use 1-3 to switch camera, and Ctrl+0-9 to switch players)
- validation in laps mode (to have a fully debbuged laps mode, you need to have both the game and the server updated to the latest version)
- manialink browser small fixes (proxy settings now used for all http requests, the videos and sounds are displayed sooner, ...)
- translations files updated to the latest version
Here is a fix (optional patch) for the game about various things like:
- improved checkpoint time deltas
- closing of application in laps mode
- hide to close modified in cam 3
- force opponent visible keep hide to close and set number
- very high shadow problems on some graphic boards
- reflections in desert water in more configurations
- 259 to 260 medals crash removed
- fixed map browsing of personal campaign
- stereoscopic additional modes
- spectator cam fixes
- maniacode play_track on same track working
- update custom challenge score at download
- various small interface glitches
The free downloadable TrackMania Nations racing game attracted an unbelievable number of players around the world who were obsessed with the game's fast cars, spectacular tracks single- and multiplayer play and simple yet powerful tools for creating tracks and race videos. For the past two years, it has been installed more than 30 million times and nearly four million players have created an account to play the game online on the game’s servers.
TrackMania Nations Forever will be available as a free download starting on April 16th. TrackMania Nations Forever will offer a new "Forever" version of the Stadium environment, a solid solo mode and 65 brand new, progressively difficult tracks. TrackMania Nations Forever will unite an even larger number of players thanks to its engaging multiplayer modes, innovative online functions and revolutionary interactivity between players.
For TrackMania Nations Forever, Nadeo studio chose to take advantage of the PC's capacities as a gaming, creative and communications platform in order to allow a greater number of players to share a unique gaming experience.
Florent Castelnerac, Director of Nadeo studio, explains: “The PC is the premier gaming platform when it comes to the number of casual and expert players. To satisfy this wide range of players, we designed the game for everyone instead of trying to focus on the average gamer. We have put a lot of effort in developing the competitive spirit and challenge between players in order to present a game adapted to big e-sports competitions while remaining captivating and accessible to players who have less gaming experience. Even if you play Nations Forever quietly alone, you can still be ranked in the world, your country, your city or even in your list of friends that you can create by inviting friends to join like in Facebook or MySpace. It is up to each player to set his/her goals - become one of the best players in the world or just impress friends. These ladders are adapted to everyone and they add ten times more interest to solo or multiplayer modes. Always searching for new ways to add interest and unite an even larger number of players, we explored the possibilities the PC offers as a universal communication platform: for example, a system that allows you to challenge your friends by mail or Messenger. Since the game is free, fun and works on most computers, there is a big chance that many people that you know will play it. Finally, as for creativity, the PC is the only game platform that allows players to easily create additional game content, and the game comes with powerful creative tools like the track editor. We increased creative possibilities even more with richer, more complete editors while making creation more accessible to a larger number of players with a simplified track editor. Tomorrow, we will see exceptional creations from the four corners of the world that players will be able to exchange for free and easily. It's a tremendous motivation for the entire development team.”
The coming of TrackMania Nations Forever will also allow the convergence of the large TrackMania community. For the first time, players of the free versions will be able to play online with players from the retail version of TrackMania United on servers dedicated to the Stadium environment that is common to both games. Players of the TrackMania United retail version will also gain a brilliant free extension named "United Forever". In addition to being compatible with Nations Forever, this extension will offer many bonuses - including tracks that have never been seen before, new design blocks for the seven game environments and a spectacular graphics update for the three historic environments (Desert, Snow and Rally).
More articles about Trackmania Nations Forever