The renaissance of the arcade boxing genre is upon us. Created by the same team that developed the award-winning Fight Night Round 3, this all-new intellectual property offers irreverent fun, immersive gameplay and eye-popping stylized graphics.
In this in-your-face, arcade world full of ego-wielding characters, each boxer comes to life with unique attributes and distinct personal style. Pit Romeo, a Latin lover known for his pelvic thrusts, against Molotov, an oversized Russian demolitions expert with a penchant for fighting dirty, to see how Romeo's back-handed slaps fare against Molotov's illegal use of explosives. Add a little personal motivation to your fight by uploading a photo of your face to create a realistic likeness using Photo Game Face, and go toe-to-toe with a real-life friend or foe.
Following the total domination of your rival, mount their head onto the wall of your virtual trophy room where you can relive your conquest over and over again. Every time you clobber someone in the ring, you earn their head for your collection. Go on a head-hunting mission to assemble your own army of pugilists. Then upload a clip of your clash to extend their humiliation.
Laugh out loud as you pummel your opponent with a barrage of blows to the face and watch in satisfaction as your progress is illustrated by real-time facial deformation. With haymakers, face shots and body blows, wait for the right moment to drop a breaker to make your presence known. Let FaceBreaker help you to rediscover the joy of ass-kicking.
Key Features :
- Go from a couple of quick punches to unleashing the ultimate combos – ground, bone, sky and face breakers – and enjoy the satisfaction of deforming your opponents face. Add insult to injury by bringing their head home to display in your Trophy Room.
- The core fighting mechanic was developed with three keys in mind; responsive, approachable and layered. String together haymakers, face shots and body blows, and find the right moment to drop a breaker to make your presence known.
- Upload your face – or perhaps that of someone more notorious – and share them on EA SPORTS World.
- Choose a head from the online gallery – or upload one yourself. With 60+ sliders to play with, a full color palette and a closet full of costumes, your possibilities are endless.
- Pump up your status and post your biggest beat downs with video upload on EA Sports World or download a created boxer and/or their head to add to your collection.
- Make that den into a trophy room and mount your opponents heads on your wall to commemorate your victories.
- If you are struggling to find friends in the real world, 12 outlandish characters await for you to play with and against – each with unique attributes and character-specific special attacks.
- The ultimate extreme boxing tournament. Prove your skills and work your way past every character in the game, earning belts along the way.
- The magic of this game is in multiplayer. Pass the controller and the trash talk around the living room as you and your friends pulverize each other. With knockdowns carried over from bout to bout, this is a fair fight regardless of skill level.
FaceBreaker is in development for Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and is currently scheduled for release on Sept. 5, 2008.
More articles about Facebreaker