Bionic Commando Rearmed sees a return of the intense 2D side-scrolling, shooting and grappling action from the much-loved 1988 Bionic Commando on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Bionic Commando Rearmed brings the amazing gameplay up to date with stunning new visuals, new weapons, online rankings, and a reworked musical score just for starters. Bionic Commando Rearmed also delivers 2 player co-op, a frenetic multiplayer mode for up to 4 players and a series of over 50 devious challenge rooms to test your swinging skills. What’s more, each version of the game will feature unique content specific to that platform. The title will also provide cross-game interoperability, as completing parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed will unlock new content and provide secret insight into characters and plot of the brand new Bionic Commando sequel coming later this year.
URGENT INCOMING MESSAGE . . .
Wire-tapping the enemy communication in Bionic Commando Rearmed will give the players access to information about weaknesses for the newly-designed Imperial bosses in the game. Play Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock the original NES character costume and use it in Bionic Commando.
- Classic Bionic Commando gameplay focused around the use of the bionic grappling arm
- 2-player co-op mode
- Team up or go All vs. All in multiplayer modes, including Last Man Standing, Death Match and the intriguingly named Don’t Touch the Floor
- Total modern visual revamp, including dynamic shadows, particle effects and environmental damage
- Reworking of musical score
- Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
- In-game art designed by one of Capcom’s most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori
Bionic Commando Rearmed, rated M for Mature, will be available on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network on Aug. 13, 2008 for $10, while PC gamers will get it later this year.
More articles about Bionic Commando Rearmed