Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, the latest entry from Square Enix, takes a legendary franchise and launches it into the realm of simulation gaming. Available only on the Wii Shop Channel as a WiiWare download, this new chapter in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles saga challenges players to rebuild a kingdom and lead its young king on a path of discovery. Bristling with mystery and intrigue, this all-new adventure is set to captivate and charm gamers of all ages.
According to legend, a deserted town now serves as the lifeless reminder of a once powerful kingdom. The young son of an exiled king reaches this land after a long journey, finding only an abandoned castle – and a magic crystal. Though tarnished by years of neglect, the crystal has maintained its luminous glow and bestows upon the boy the power of architek, the ability to manifest memories into reality. With the help of loyal servants and audacious adventurers, the new king dutifully prepares to rebuild his people’s homeland in this new realm.
The additional features provide additional dungeons and challenges for your adventurers, the chance to earn the new library building and additional outfits for Chime and the King.
The full list of new content is as follows:
- Infinity Spire (300 Wii Points / Blocks Required: 8): Adds two dungeons to the game, such as the Infinity Spire. The spire gains levels every time it is cleared, presenting a challenge to even the bravest champions of your realm.
- Castle Renovation (100 Wii Points / Blocks Required: 8): Adds a dungeon to the game which adds a jukebox and the ability to rename your adventurers in the castle once cleared.
- Library (200 Wii Points / Blocks Required: 8): Adds a dungeon to the game which adds libraries to the building menu once cleared. Libraries teach adventurers race-specific abilities.
- Fresh King (100 Wii Points / Blocks Required: 3): Purchase an additional costume for the king-a casual outfit designed for warmer seasons. You can change costumes in the castle immediately after downloading.
- Summer Chime (100 Wii Points / Blocks Required: 3): Purchase an additional costume for Chime-a cool outfit suited for tropical climates. You can change costumes in the castle immediately after downloading.
- Square Enix unveils its first WiiWare title, delivering an all-new adventure via direct download
- Scenario created by Motomu Toriyama, the acclaimed director of the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII
- Groundbreaking graphics optimized for the Wii enable players to journey through a world filled with memorable characters and architectural splendor
- Rebuild a nation by building houses and shops, carefully considering the best interests of the citizens. If the player’s nation regains its former glory, the secrets of the land may be revealed
- Enlist adventurers with varying levels, jobs and profiles to carry out dangerous missions in return for rewards
- Be mindful of the passage of time, and plan each day accordingly in order to efficiently carry out construction efforts
Ship Date: Spring 2008
More articles about Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King