Best German Soundtrack 2004, 2005 and 2007 (German Game Developers Award) plus best main theme 2007 (GANG Award at GDC San Francisco) – Dynamedion has many reasons to be proud of its prestigious awards collection. Publisher Frogster has now entrusted the prestigious studio with an impressive soundtrack for its upcoming fantasy MMORPG Runes of Magic. Dynamedion can fall back upon a great amount of experience in that particular field. The creative hotbed of sound-engineering situated in the German town Mainz already recorded the fantastic backdrop for Spellforce, John Woo’s Stranglehold, Anno 1701, Drakensang and Die Siedler V & VI. Even in the world of movies, Dynamedion can boast of successful work for 10.000 B.C. or The Bourne Ultimatum.
According to Managing Director Pierre Langer the sound’s atmosphere for Runes of Magic is going to be impressive high fantasy orchestral music. “We see Runes of Magic as an amazing challenge. It is […] our first Fantasy-MMO, one of our preferred genres.” Especially the concept “… to create ever changing moods in the game world, in order to achieve an intensive connection between game and music,” is what excites him about the project.
In Runes of Magic players explore and discover a magical realm full of wonders and ancient riddles. On their way from simple novice to famous hero, they will always be accompanied by magical runes and potent oracles which are fragments of the divine book Taborea. In Runes of Magic players should use the rune stone wisely, for they might also lure them to a path of destruction. But legend has it, that he, who embraces the oracle and acquires its might, will gain absolute power over the future. It is now up to the player, to write on the history of the world.
To do that, players have access to a dual class system which allows them to freely combine their main and secondary classes, in order to freely build a character the way they want. On their way through Taborea, they learn professions and special skills to forge mighty armor and weaponry or to enhance them. After a hard day of labor players can relax in their own homes, which they can arrange any way they want. In addition they have access to a dynamic item and rune system, as well as three gathering and eight crafting professions. Dangerous dungeons, raids and an extensive PVP system challenge PC heros in the long run. The Taiwanese developers of Runewaker Entertainment Ltd. grew up in the USA and were enthusiastic “Ultima Online” and “World of Warcraft” players. Runes of Magic was developed in a time frame of three years according to western MMO standards. Runemaker will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
Even at the beginning Runes of Magic conveys its absorbing story in over 600 quests embedded in an atmospheric world.
Players can choose from six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts in the later stages of game play. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and even players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters no wishes remain unsatisfied.
- Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
- Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
- Enthralling background story
- Already over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
- Instanced and persistent dungeons
- Individually developed skills and spells
- Armor sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
- Activatable PvP system (Player vs. Player duels)
- Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
- Individual coloring of clothes and armor
- Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
- Special zones for guild houses
- Reputation system
- Scalable user interface based on the users flavor (development of own add-ons possible)
- In-game map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- Auction house: auction and purchase items
- Teleporting possibilities per runes
- Different and unique mounts
- Controlling with mouse (point & click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
MMO fans can find a registration form for the newsletter on the official teaser site.
The German version will come to light even before Christmas 2008, shortly there after an English version will be released.
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG strives to release both the European-English version and the American version at the same time. Concerning the US version Frogster currently looking for a qualified US-Publisher.
More articles about Runes of Magic