Birth of America II: Wars in America 1750-1815 (PC)
Birth of America II: Wars in America 1750-1815 follows the successful historical strategy videogame Birth of America, AGEOD's American Civil War and Napoleon's Campaigns. It is the long-awaited well-expanded sequel of the acclaimed first game that made AGEOD. You can now fight all the big wars that made America between 1750 and 1815.
Wars in America 1750-1815 is a stand-alone game not compatible with the previous one. It includes:
- New cohesion system (based on the American Civil War/Napoleon's Campaigns model) and its impacton combat
- Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options for armaments purchases, political,economic and diplomatic options. In addition, a challenging Foreign Entry competitive engine will allow player to struggle in the race forthe French Intervention.
- New orders (e.g. spiking the guns, surrender with the Honour of War, remove leader, distant unloadfrom ships).
- New abilities (adapted from those of American Civil War/Napoleon's Campaigns and new rules here)
- Different updates and other rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, navaltransport, optional limited activation rules, German mercenaries, etc.)
- New in game Replay module allows to see the turn you played (or any other – exchange them with friends!)
- Updater module to check if you play with the latest game version.
- Play-by-email and TCP/IP ARES module
- Improved AI
- Multiple resolutions Interface
- New map: extension of the map up to the Mississippi in the west, blockade and commerce raiding boxes, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) or in the Americas (Hudson Bay, Newfoundland, Cuba)
- Over a hundred new leaders and units.
- New Scenarios (including at least the following)
- Scenarios 1750-1780: Lord Dunmore War, new FIW 1755-1763 war campaign, Galvez 79
- Scenarios 1780-1800: Fallen Timbers 1791-1794
- Scenarios 1812-1815: Great Lakes 1813, Full War of 1812-1815 campaign, New Orleans 1815
- New Events (according to scenarios) and wide set of options for you to customize your strategy.
- Widely extended manual and player's aides.
- New extra in game music from the time, thanks to the performance and support of 3rd US Infantry Regiment and the US Army Fife and Drums Corps.
Unreal Tournament 3 (X360) - Europe
Unreal Tournament 3 for the Xbox 360 is now available in Europe, with several new features including split-screen, five exclusive maps and two all-new characters, as well as all previously released downloadable content. Rated +18 by PEGI, Unreal Tournament 3 is available for a suggested retail price of £39.99 / €59.95 in Europe. Unreal Tournament 3 has already shipped more than 1 million units for Windows PC and PlayStation 3.
Xbox 360 owners will get an exclusive video preview of Gears of War 2, the eagerly anticipated sequel to the 4.7 million unit-selling blockbuster third-person action game, included on the Unreal Tournament 3 disc. The exclusive video content will include never-before-seen footage of the game's multiplayer modes featuring new maps, new modes, new weapons and new gameplay elements. The video is narrated by Epic Games' design director, Cliff Bleszinski, and Gears of War senior producer, Rod Fergusson.
"We are extremely excited to put the fast-paced, frenetic gameplay of Unreal Tournament 3 in the hands of Xbox 360 owners," said Leonie Manshanden, European Marketing Director, Midway Games Ltd. "The exclusive maps, new characters, two-player split screen support and exclusive Gears of War 2 multiplayer video make Unreal Tournament 3 the must-have video game for Xbox 360 this summer."
"Searing-hot first-person shooter action comes to Xbox 360 this summer with Unreal Tournament 3," said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic Games. "With a bevy of new and exclusive content, Xbox 360 owners can now get their frag on by choosing to play online with friends over Xbox LIVE or against our amazing AI 'bots.'"