Players take control of the young hero "Sword," the sole resident left of the once booming Webb Village, who must rescue as many kidnapped townsfolk as possible from a mysterious unknown that has been slowly "spiriting them away." AWAY Shuffle Dungeon includes creative contributions from renowned industry visionaries: RPG creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, character designer Naoto Oshima and composer Nobuo Uematsu.
"We are very excited to be working with the collective creative talent of Hironobu Sakaguchi, Naoto Oshima and Nobuo Uematsu," said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer, Majesco. "Their experience creating high quality, best-selling games means that AWAY will be well-positioned for success when it hits retail this fall."
In AWAY Shuffle Dungeon, an unknown force has stripped Webb Village of its residents, and now the sole heroic survivor, Sword, must rescue the stolen villagers from the ominous dungeons as he strives to expose and defeat the mysterious thief. Sword must first collect and use various objects including musical instruments to reveal the secret dungeons where prisoners are being held. But successfully saving them is another challenge altogether given a unique timed "shuffle" mechanic that reconfigures the dungeon prisons and hurts Sword and any survivors still caught within when the time runs out. Saved villagers will lend assistance to Sword's quest, as will the magical 'Fupongs' and dungeon treasure he finds that lets him shop in the village specialty stores for armor, weapons, health, medical aid and more.
AWAY Shuffle Dungeon allows players to navigate in both the 2D Shuffle Dungeons and the 3D Webb Village, and features voice-over cinematics that breathe life into the characters in this extraordinary mystery.
- Includes creative contributions from renowned industry visionaries: RPG creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, character designer Naoto Oshima and composer Nobuo Uematsu
- Timed Shuffle Dungeon mechanic puts pressure on you to choose what is worth taking or leaving before the dungeon reconfigures and damages you and any accompanying survivors.
- Collect Fupongs in the Dungeons to harness their unique magic: Fire Fupong has a Flare spell; Ice Fupong has a Frosty spell; and Lightning Fupong has a Rumbly spell. Store up to 6 Fupongs to use in battle and store even more with the Fupong Pod!
- Travel between the 2D Shuffle Dungeons and the 3D Webb Village
- Return villagers to their homes and shops so they can assist you in your adventure
- Collect gold from treasure chests and use them to shop in specialty stores:
- General Store: A little pricey, but this place has everything. This is the first store you can reopen.
- Weapon Store: Buy/Sell basic weapons that can be brought to the Blacksmith for upgrades.
- Armor Store: Buy/Sell basic armor that can be brought to the Blacksmith for upgrades.
- Blacksmith: Bring your weapons and armor in for upgrades.
- Doctor: Buy various potions and remedies to help you on your adventure.
- Restaurant: Stop in and buy food to replenish some of your health.
- Fortune Teller: Drop in for some hints to help you find your way.
- Find musical instruments and other items that allow you to enter the Shuffle Dungeons and save the missing villagers.
- Voice Over cinematics bring the characters to life in this intense mystery
- Play cooperatively with a friend to defeat multiple bosses in 2 player Raid Battle Mode. Includes special multiplayer only weapons and armor that can then be used in single player mode.
Majesco's AWAY Shuffle Dungeon, developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive, for NDS is expected to release October 2008.
More articles about Away: Shuffle Dungeon