Fable 2 will be a true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of “Fable” where players’ every decision continually defines who they become. “Fable 2” is an action role-playing game that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.
Set 500 years after the original, Fable 2 will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.
- The Paragon - Reach 100% Good or Evil (15).
- The New Hero - Defeat your first great opponent (50).
- The Whippersnapper - Collect 5 gold pieces during the Hero's childhood (5).
- The Pooch Pamperer - Play fetch with your dog (5).
- The Archaeologist - Dig up something your dog has discovered (5).
- The Dog trainer - Teach your dog a trick (5).
- The Persuader - Convince a villager to give you a present (5).
- The Show-off - Impress a villager with a perfect expression (5).
- The Romantic - Take a villager on a perfect date.You will need the right location and expression (10).
- The Spouse - Marry a villager (10).
- The Parent - Have a child (10).
- The Hunter - Kill a sweet, innocent, fluffy bunny rabbit (remember, safety's off!) (5).
- The Gargoyle - Find the gargoyles Legendary Treasure (25).
- The Chicken kicker - Kick a chicken a respectable distance. As if kicking chickens was remotely respectable (5).
- The Cliff Diver - Cliff dive 500 feet (5).
- The Workhorse - Get a high enough chain while performing a job(10).
- The Hero of Many names - Change your heros title (5).
- The Teaser - Get bandits to respond to expressions with fear,anger,mirth,and confusion. During combat! (5).
- The Property Magnate - Sell a property for twice the price you paid for it (10).
- The Rogue - Steal something undetected from a building while there are people nearby (5).
- The Illustrated hero - Tattoo every part of your hero's body (5).
- The Executioner - Sacrifice 10 people in the Temple of Shadows (10).
- The Gambler - Win 500 gold at a pub game in one sitting, having tried each game type at least once (10).
- The Bigamist - Get married a second time, whilst still married to your first spouse (10).
- The Swinger - Take part in a orgy, responsibly (5).
- The Pied Piper - Start a party where at least 5 villagers are dancing (10).
- The Party Animal - Get 15 villagers drunk in under three minutes (10).
- The Menace to Society - Commit an act of public indecency (5).
- The Black Knight - Shoot the weapons from a hollow man's hands, blow off his head and then kill him for good!(10).
- The Duelist - String together a full-speed chain attack(10).
- The Highwayman - Hit 3 enemies with one shot(10).
- The Archmage - Kill 5 human enemies with one spell(10).
- The Ruler of Albion - Increase the value of your real estate holdings to over 2.5 million gold! (100).
- The Hoarder - Collect every silver key (25).
- The Goth - Dye your hair black, wear an outfit made entirely out of black clothes, and wear some black makeup (5).
- The Completionist - Get all expressions, pet tricks, titles and abilities (50).
- The Extremist - Reach 100% purity or corruption (15).
- The Celebrity - Reach 50,000 Renown (50).
- The Artisan - Succeed at one job to Level 5 (10).
- The Dollcatcher - Collect all the hero dolls (10).
- The Muse - Inspire the Bard to compose songs celebrating your great deeds (5).
- The Companions - Perform a perfect co-op expression (10).
- The Blood Brother - Get a co-op combat bonus (10).
- The Philanthropist - Send a gift to an xbox live friend (10).
- The Hero of strength - Complete the Hero of Strength (100).
- The Hero of Will - Complete the Hero Of will (100).
- The Hero of Skill - Complete the hero of Skill (100).
- The Sacrifice - Choose "The needs of the many" (25)
- The Family - Choose "The needs of the few" (25)
- The Egomaniac - Choose "The needs of the one" (25)
Lionhead and Microsoft Game Studios announced details of a limited collector’s edition of “Fable II” available for pre-order at retailers worldwide, for a suggested price of $79.99 USD. The limited collector’s edition includes:
- Bonus disc with a new behind-the-scenes making of video,
- Collectible Hobbe figure,
- LIVE trial card
- Additional in-game content (an Xbox LIVE account is required to access the limited collector’s edition bonus in-game content).
Fans who pre-order Fable II, at participating retailers worldwide, will be given free access to download the Fable II Pub Games when they are released August 13, 2008. Available exclusively on Xbox Live Arcade, fans can transfer the gold earned in these casino-style mini-games to the world of Fable II, when the game is available in North America on Oct. 21 and in Europe on Oct. 24, 2008. The “Fable II” Pub Games will also be available for purchase over Xbox Live for those that do not pre-order “Fable II” for 800 MS points.
The final names of the Xbox LIVE Arcade “Fable II” Pub Games (which will be available as one download) are: “Keystone,” which is a combination of Craps and Roulette, “Spinnerbox,” which is an updated take on slot machines, and “Fortune’s Tower,” which is a press your luck style of game. The download will also include a Shell, which is a tutorial of all three games.
In Fortune's Tower you bet against your own greed as you are dealt cards hoping to make the most cash possible from the sum of the cards in the current row. Your struggle with greed comes into play when you decide whether or not to keep dealing rows. If you're not careful, you may be dealt a card with the same face value as a card above it (that touches it). If that happens? Say, "Cheerio" to your cash. You can get lucky in this situation, however, if you are dealt a knight in that same row. He will come alive and magically restore a burned card.
Once, you play, you will see that it actually makes sense and how easy the game really is to grasp.
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands on the scope and depth of the Xbox classic with incredible new features and a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion, where every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale, more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable.” Players will witness how the world has grown and changed in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion.
- New and unique combat system. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system that is designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while being very accessible, are also amazingly deep and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman or skilled ranger to an evil magic-wielder.
- A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players merely feed their pooch and it will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout this magical world.
- Dynamic cooperative play
- Prior to Fable 2's release pub games will debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, allowing gamers to earn currency which are transferable to Fable 2 so gamers can purchase items in-game from the start.
The “Fable II” standard addition is also available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of $59.99.
“Keystone,” “Spinnerbox” and “Fortune’s Tower” will also be embedded as part of the full retail copy of “Fable II” (limited collector’s and standard editions).
Fable 2 will launch in North America on Oct. 21 and in Europe on Oct. 24, 2008.
More articles about Fable II