1. Compiled with latest FMODex (4.16.08) audio SDK.
2. Compiled with latest DirectX (June 2008) SDK. Requires June 2008 (or later) Runtime!!
1. Console server will no longer abort when 3D hardware support not found
1. FIXED: Issues with hotspots in Save/Restore screen
1. FIXED: client name/race/caste/etc... weren't being updated on other clients when it was changed without disconnecting first. Server now broadcasts the client information when they log on.
1. Compiled with latest DirectX 9.0c (August 2007) SDK. Requires August 2007 runtime or later. Run the updated dxwebsetup.exe file in the game folder to download it if you don't already have it installed.
2. FIXED: A bug in Vista's implementation of DirectX 9 was causing problems with polygon line drawing used in the cockpit display.
3. FIXED: DJP planetary travel (to a different part of the current planet) was broken due to a translation error
1. Removed obsolete commands from Tactical Orders Menu.
2. Minor localization fixes.
1. Removed support for UDPSoft master server system in our in-game server browser since Yahoo! (who bought UDPsoft) is no longer supporting it. Now using our own master server app which is now far more responsive and accurate.
1. Updated for DirectX 9 October 2006 Runtime. Run .directx9dxwebsetup.exe to update your DirectX runtime drivers if you haven't done so already.
2. Verified and tested to work under Vista. This does not mean that the game is Vista compliant as that entails several conditions set by Microsoft which are unattainable by most legacy (pre-Vista) software.
1. Removed support for UDPSoft cd-key auth system since Yahoo! (who bought UDPsoft) is no longer supporting it. Now using our own cd-key auth server.
2. The cd-key number entry is no longer case sensistive.
3. FIXED: Sometimes the wrong character was sent when entering the cd-key number when prompted by the server.
4. FIXED: The game server will no longer abort starting up if the GameCQ master server is off-line or cannot be reached. It will still startup but will not broadcast to the master server and so will not be visible in the GameCQ lobby server list. NOTE: Since Yahoo! is no longer supporting tools licensed from UDPsoft, the in-game server browser which also uses another of their tools, will cease to work at some point in the future. In which case you will only be able to browse (you can still use direct connect via IP. See the game faq) for servers using GameCQ. In the meantime we are implementing a new server browser developed by Replica Software.
1. A game server no longer reports to the GameCQ master server by default. So /gcq command line parameter was added to enable this. This allows it to report to the GameCQ master server IF the master server is online. To determine if the master server is online, use the GameCQ lobby client app.
NOTE: The GameCQ master server is only used by the GameCQ lobby client app. If servers are not reporting to the master server, they will not appear in the lobby client.
1. FIXED: Joining a server from the GameCQ lobby was executing UCAWA instead of UCSE.
NOTE: This is a minor maintenance update. So the game version will not change. Only the version entry in SETTINGS.INI will change.
The requirements for the game and this demo are indicated below and on our website. If your computer does not meet with the minimum requirements, the game will not run as it was intended.
- Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (with all service packs)
- DirectX 9.0c (April 2006 or later) Runtime
- Pentium IV 2.0 GHz or equivalent
- 512MB system RAM
- 128MB video card with pixel and vertex shader 1.1 or higher nVidia chipsets: GeForce FX, 6200, 6600 ATI chipsets: Radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
- DirectSound compatible sound card
- 8X CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
- Multiplayer requires broadband connection
- Windows XP (with all service packs)
- Pentium IV 2.8 GHz or equivalent
- 1GB system RAM
- 256MB video card with pixel and vertex shader 2.0 or higher nVidia chipsets: GeForce 6800 series or higher video card ATI chipsets: ATI X800 series or higher video card
If you do not know if your video card supports a pixel and vertex shader, please check with your video card manufacturer. Unless your video card supports vertex shader 1.1 and pixel shader 1.1, the game will NOT run. Some supported cards are listed above.
No, there is no workaround for this. No, a shader is not something you can download and install. Yes, the full game will also have the same shader requirements.
After the demo has loaded, you can go click on the OPTIONS screen to tweak some of the settings. For more information about the various options and to restore the default settings, please refer to the configuration options PDF file located in the DOCS folder where this demo is installed.
NOTE: Once the game has started and you are in the game world, you can pause the demo at any time by using the PAUSE key on your keyboard. Press any key to resume the game.