1. Compiled with latest FMODex (4.16.08) audio SDK.
2. Compiled with latest DirectX (June 2008) SDK. Requires June 2008 (or later) Runtime!!
1. Console server will no longer abort when 3D hardware support not found
1. FIXED: Issues with hotspots in Save/Restore screen
1. FIXED: client name/race/caste/etc... weren't being updated on other clients when it was changed without disconnecting first. Server now broadcasts the client information when they log on.
1. Compiled with latest DirectX 9.0c (August 2007) SDK. Requires August 2007 runtime or later. Run the updated dxwebsetup.exe file in the game folder to download it if you don't already have it installed.
2. Compiled with latest FMODex audio SDK.
3. Compiled with latest ReplicaNet multiplayer SDK.
4. FIXED: A bug in Vista's implementation of DirectX 9 was causing problems with polygon line drawing used in the cockpit display.
5. FIXED: DJP planetary travel (to a different part of the current planet) was broken due to a translation error
1. Removed obsolete commands from Tactical Orders Menu.
2. Minor localization fixes.
1. Removed support for UDPSoft master server system in our in-game server browser since Yahoo! (who bought UDPsoft) is no longer supporting it. Now using our own master server app which is now far more responsive and accurate.
1. Verified and tested to work under Vista. This does not mean that the game is Vista compliant as that entails several conditions set by Microsoft which are unattainable by most legacy (pre-Vista) software.
1. Updated for DirectX 9 October 2006 Runtime. Run .directx9dxwebsetup.exe to update your DirectX runtime drivers if you haven't done so already.
2. Removed support for UDPSoft cd-key auth system since Yahoo! (who bought UDPsoft) is no longer supporting it. Now using Replica Software's new cd-key auth system.
3. The cd-key number entry is no longer case sensistive.
4. FIXED: Sometimes the wrong character was sent when entering the cd-key number when prompted by the server.
5. FIXED: The game server will no longer abort starting up if the GameCQ master server is off-line or cannot be reached. It will still startup but will not broadcast to the master server and so will not be visible in the GameCQ lobby server list. NOTE: Since Yahoo! is no longer supporting tools licensed from UDPsoft, the in-game server browser which also uses another of their tools, will cease to work at some point in the future. In which case you will only be able to browse (you can still use direct connect via IP. See the game faq) for servers using GameCQ. In the meantime we are implementing a new server browser developed by Replica Software.
1. A game server no longer reports to the GameCQ master server by default. So /gcq command line parameter was added to enable this. This allows it to report to the GameCQ master server IF the master server is online. To determine if the master server is online, use the GameCQ lobby client app.
NOTE: The GameCQ master server is only used by the GameCQ lobby client app. If servers are not reporting to the master server, they will not appear in the lobby client.
1. Removed model preloading options from Config screen. Can still be enabled by direct editing of the ucconfig.ini file. Use at your own risk!!
2. FIXED: In SFM career, if you were killed or self-destructed the shuttle you were in, a crash (endless loop) would occur.
1. FIXED: The March 2006 version of GameCQsetup.exe was incorrectly setting a registry key. This would cause the "GameCQ: Could not open SOFTWARE3000adGCQServices registry key" error when an Internet server was started and would prevent the server from reporting to the master server. To fix this, just uninstall and reinstall the new GameCQ lobby program.
2. FIXED: The console server would crash when a client was initiating planetfall in some rare cases.
1. FIXED: Unable to view VDD/SMD cargo contents in friendly crafts (including yours)
FIXED: When you docked with a fighter craft, sometimes no weapons were listed at the station for re-arming. This was caused by a revision in 1.00.09.
1. FIXED: When the display pane was updated, a crash would occur in PERSCAN on some video card combinations when intruders were captured and turned into
2. FIXED: An issue with the new compiler would cause saved games to not be saved (or restored) properly.
More articles about Universal Combat: A World Apart