Bionic Commando Rearmed sees a return of the intense 2D side-scrolling, shooting and grappling action from the much-loved 1988 Bionic Commando on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Bionic Commando Rearmed brings the amazing gameplay up to date with stunning new visuals, new weapons, online rankings, and a reworked musical score just for starters. Bionic Commando Rearmed also delivers 2 player co-op, a frenetic multiplayer mode for up to 4 players and a series of over 50 devious challenge rooms to test your swinging skills. What’s more, each version of the game will feature unique content specific to that platform. The title will also provide cross-game interoperability, as completing parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed will unlock new content and provide secret insight into characters and plot of the brand new Bionic Commando sequel coming later this year.
URGENT INCOMING MESSAGE . . .
Wire-tapping the enemy communication in Bionic Commando Rearmed will give the players access to information about weaknesses for the newly-designed Imperial bosses in the game. Play Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock the original NES character costume and use it in Bionic Commando.
Here are those all-important dates and prices:
- Xbox Live Arcade
- Worldwide on August 13th (800 Microsoft Points)
- PlayStation Network
- Japan – August 13th (?1,200)
- North America – August 14 (US$9.99)
- Europe – TBC
- Worldwide – August 14 ($14.99) - Available on Steam, Direct 2 Drive, Gamer’s Gate, with more to be confirmed!
Bionic Commando Rearmed achievements:
- Meet with annihilation: Kill all foot soldiers and enemy trucks on a Meet With Enemy sequence (20)
- The Emperor’s New Clothes: Obtain the Shin Guards, the Bulletproof Vest and the Helmet. (20)
- Private Arsenal: Obtain every weapon and weapon upgrade. (20)
- Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: Block 100 projectiles using the claw (20)
- One Dozen Yashichis: Collect all twelve hidden Yashichis - one from each of Area 01 - 12 (20)
- Clean as a whistle: Clear Area 02 without touching a slime blob (20)
- Pacifist Pride: Clear any of Area 1 - 12 without firing your gun (20)
- Cat burglar: Get to the boss of Area 05 within one minute and thirty seconds (20)
- A Real Challenge: Acquire at least one star in each of the Challenge Rooms 1 - 56 (20)
- H4><0rz: Hack through all the hacking games on Hard (10)
- Intel Collector: Acquire all database logs (5)
- Elite Commando: Clear the game on Super Hard (5)
- Classic Bionic Commando gameplay focused around the use of the bionic grappling arm
- 2-player co-op mode
- Team up or go All vs. All in multiplayer modes, including Last Man Standing, Death Match and the intriguingly named Don’t Touch the Floor
- Total modern visual revamp, including dynamic shadows, particle effects and environmental damage
- Reworking of musical score
- Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
- In-game art designed by one of Capcom’s most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori
Bionic Commando Rearmed, rated M for Mature, will be available on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network on Aug. 13, 2008 for $10, while PC gamers will get it later this year.
More articles about Bionic Commando Rearmed