In an age long passed, a band of extraordinary heroes embarked on an epic journey to free Norrath from the clutches of a shrouded threat. Their everlasting quest would take them to the far reaches of the globe, delving deep into the most dangerous dungeons and undertaking many daunting trials. This was the Shadow Odyssey, and the heroes were known as the Ethernauts. In their time, this epic quest came to an end, and Norrath was saved. But now ... history is repeating. It is time for a new generation of Ethernauts to retrace the steps of their honored predecessors through the ruined, rancorous and twisting regions of Norrath to rid the world of the invading scourge and destroy the renewed evil of the Shadowmen.
EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey is the fifth expansion for the critically acclaimed EverQuest II franchise. This all-in-one compilation pack follows the award-winning and best-selling Rise of Kunark expansion. New players and veterans alike will journey through a massive amount of exquisite content unlike anything ever before seen in EverQuest II. The Shadow Odyssey stretches well beyond the fantasy realm and propels the EverQuest II world into a new era of excitement and adventure.
- Journey through more than 20 new zones, including the new overland zone, Innothule .
- Experience nostalgic EverQuest dungeon themes, such as Najgena, Mistmoore and The Sebilisian Empire, and adventure through more than 18 goal-based dungeons, such as Ruins of Guk and Befallen.
- The Achievement Point level cap will be increased to 200 to offer new achievements for class- specific lines.
- A new Dungeon Delving mission system for players to replay content with new and different experiences.
- Five new Heritage Quests with unique rewards being added.
- A new, mysterious group of erudites with powerful new armor and equipment will barter for void shards earned during your encounters .
- Epic tales of the odyssey are told through battles with dozens of new creatures and hundreds of new quests.
- Two new deities have been introduced into Norrath, Rodcet Nife and Anashti Sul.
- Includes Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky, Echoes of Faydwer and Rise of Kunark expansion packs, and The Bloodline Chronicles, The Splitpaw Saga and The Fallen Dynasty adventure packs.
- Includes Legends of Norrath strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck and booster pack.
EverQuest Seeds of Destruction is scheduled for Nov. 18, 2008.
To prevent the cataclysm and defeat the forces of chaos, players must journey through time portals to the greatest moments in EverQuest history. From the founding of Qeynos to the battle of Bloody Kithicor, players will be called upon to safeguard history and ensure that events unfold without interference from the gods of Discord.
EverQuest Seeds of Destruction Features:
- Mercenaries: Player-controlled NPCs are now available and will not only scale to the appropriate level, but also think and act for themselves with limited player guidance. Designed for extra support or extra muscle in PvE encounters, mercenary archetypes include a variety of classes from all playable races.
- Level Cap Increase: Players can now achieve level 85 with new high-level item sets, new alternate advancement ability lines and new spells.
- 20 New Zones: Features re-imagined classic content and brand-new realms for adventurers to explore, including the eerie wasteland of the Void, the Battle of Rathe on the Plane of Earth and the ultimate Heart of Darkness in the Plane of Discord.
- Access to All Previous Content -- Includes all features and content from the 14 previous expansion packs.
- Legends of Norrath: Includes strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck, booster pack and loot item.
EverQuest Seeds of Destruction is scheduled for Oct. 21, 2008.