Fable 2 will be a true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of “Fable” where players’ every decision continually defines who they become. “Fable 2” is an action role-playing game that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.
Set 500 years after the original, Fable 2 will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.
Lionhead and Microsoft Game Studios announced details of a limited collector’s edition of “Fable II” available for pre-order at retailers worldwide, for a suggested price of $79.99 USD. The limited collector’s edition includes:
- Bonus disc with a new behind-the-scenes making of video,
- Collectible Hobbe figure,
- LIVE trial card
- Additional in-game content (an Xbox LIVE account is required to access the limited collector’s edition bonus in-game content).
Fans who pre-order Fable II, at participating retailers worldwide, are given free access to download the Fable II Pub Games, currently available. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade, fans can transfer the gold earned in these casino-style mini-games to the world of Fable II, when the game is available later this year.
The Xbox LIVE Arcade “Fable II” Pub Games (which will be available as one download) are: “Keystone,” which is a combination of Craps and Roulette, “Spinnerbox,” which is an updated take on slot machines, and “Fortune’s Tower,” which is a press your luck style of game. The download will also include a Shell, which is a tutorial of all three games.
Now and for the first time ever, “Fable II” fans can get a head start on their virtual experience, starting their long awaited quest through this sequel with gold in the bank and the ability to purchase items right off the bat, such as weapons, clothing, houses, dog tricks and more - an experience that can only be found on Xbox LIVE Arcade. The “Fable II” Pub Games are also available for purchase over Xbox LIVE for those that do not pre-order “Fable II” for 800 MS points.
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands on the scope and depth of the Xbox classic with incredible new features and a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion, where every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale, more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable.” Players will witness how the world has grown and changed in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion.
- New and unique combat system. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system that is designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while being very accessible, are also amazingly deep and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman or skilled ranger to an evil magic-wielder.
- A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players merely feed their pooch and it will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout this magical world.
- Dynamic cooperative play
- Prior to Fable 2's release pub games will debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, allowing gamers to earn currency which are transferable to Fable 2 so gamers can purchase items in-game from the start.
The “Fable II” standard addition is also available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of $59.99.
“Keystone,” “Spinnerbox” and “Fortune’s Tower” will also be embedded as part of the full retail copy of “Fable II” (limited collector’s and standard editions).
Fable 2 will launch in North America on Oct. 21 and in Europe on Oct. 24, 2008.
More articles about Fable II