Silent Hill: Homecoming introduces another protagonist to the mythos. The story follows Alex Shepherd, a war veteran returning to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his younger brother, Joshua. From Shepherd's Glen to Silent Hill, Alex must face the darkest of horrors in order to find his brother. Struggling with his own grip on reality, Alex must unravel the mystery behind his nightmares, discover the truth behind his brother's disappearance, and confront the evil lurks in the seemingly empty streets of Silent Hill.
Building upon the series' trademark foundations of atmosphere, adventure and storytelling, Silent Hill: Homecoming introduces players to a frightening new experience. When confronted by the perverse incarnations of evil that roam Silent Hill and Shepherd's Glen, players will be able to utilize an enhanced combat system and execute a number of offensive and defensive maneuvers as they experience every terrifying encounter with the game's numerous nightmarish creatures. Players will also have to solve a variety of puzzles as they progress through the highly atmospheric game world, using cues from the environment to unlock Silent Hill's darkest secrets.
Homecoming is the first Silent Hill title for the new wave of 'next generation' consoles, featuring all-new graphics that bring the fear and terror of Silent Hill alive like never before. Alex must survive attacks from the misshapen denizens of the town using an all-new enhanced combat system that provides a wide array of attacks and counters. Along the way, Alex will encounter a variety of weapons to battle these horrific monsters and must also solve deadly puzzles as he uncovers the darkest secrets of Silent Hill.
- Enter the next chapter of Silent Hill as you delve deeper in the tormenter history of the town and learn of the evil that surrounds Toluca Lake
- From the murky fog to the ominous shadows, all-new next-gen graphics bring Silent Hill to life like never before
- Survive the denizens of Silent Hill with an all-new enhanced combat system that gives you a wide array of attacks and counters
- Solve the treacherous and deadly puzzles of Silent Hill to discover its darkest secrets
- Silent Hill: Homecoming will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka
Silent Hill: Homecoming is in development for X360, PS3 and PC, and currently scheduled for a North American release in Sept., while Europe will have to wait untul Nov. 2008.
More articles about Silent Hill: Homecoming