Build the perfect army and lay waste to your foes in an amazing new fantasy RTS from developer Phenomic. Combining strategic cooperative battles, the community of MMO games, and trading card gameplay, BattleForge is set to take the RTS world by storm.
Unlike other RTS games, BattleForge players are free to put their creatures, spells and buildings into combinations they see fit. These units are represented in the form of digital cards from which you build your own unique army. With minimal resources and a custom tech tree to manage, the gameplay is unbelievably accessible and action-packed!
Journey to a fantasy realm where mortals are caught in a clash between gods and giants, and standing together is their only option. Command amazing creatures in battle while casting spells to sustain your forces or wreak havoc among your foes. Whether or not you triumph on the battlefield will depend on how you build your deck of digital cards and how you deploy them in the heat of combat.
Select a deck of 20 cards consisting of creatures, buildings, and spells. You can buy “boosters” online, win cards in events and quests, and trade and auction cards online. Four different colored card groups have their own strengths and weaknesses, giving you many different ways to play. More powerful cards have higher power costs (and thus take longer to play) so build your deck carefully to strike just the right balance and forge your victory.
When your army is ready, head into battle with your friends, charge through a single-player campaign, or take on fellow players!
- Use the forces of Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow to stake your ground and battle for survival.
- Card-based gameplay makes BattleForge easy to pick up and play yet provides countless hours of challenges and strategic action.
- Win, trade, auction, and buy cards online to create your ultimate deck and build the most powerful army possible.
- Take full advantage of a wide range of community-based features including guilds and cooperative online battles with friends!
- Wage epic warfare on 40 expansive, detailed maps.
- Fight for supremacy in intense player-vs.-player combat.
- Up to 12 players can team up for epic co-op quests and warfare on massive battlegrounds.
Under development at EA Phenomic, BattleForge is expected to ship in 2009 for the PC.
More articles about BattleForge