Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you’re given the keys to the city, but it’s up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout licence.
With true open world freedom, seamless 'EasyDrive' online multiplayer, four unique single-player events, and hundreds of online Freeburn challenges, Burnout Paradise thrusts gamers into an incredibly vivid HD. The white knuckle action explodes as players pull up at any stoplight and spin their wheels to jumpstart the action.
Spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed will always be a hallmark of Burnout games but Burnout Paradise ups the ante with an all new game design that expands the experience into a deeper, ever more immersive driving dream.
Burnout Paradise delivers an open-world environment built for intense speed, excitement and exploration and sets a new standard in the seamless transition from single-player offline to social online gameplay.
If you're not familiar with the Ambient Occlusion term, it's an effect that uses soft shadows to add extra depth. Enclosed spaces naturally receive less light than open spaces and look darker – that helps us to see how close objects are to each other.
Some games already use AO but most rely on artists to build this into the environment. For Burnout this would be a nightmare, because Criterion likes to smash things up and move them around a lot! For this reason, it has implemented a dynamic AO system that affects fast-moving and destructible objects!
- You can tell how close the building overhang and lamp post are to each other, because they cast AO on each other but not the brick wall which is further away.
- The plant growing out of the old tire becomes more substantial.
- The fan is clearly deep inside the box because it’s darker. The corrugated wall has real depth.
- Even objects far away gain a level of depth...the ladder is clearly close to the water tower.
- A wall that looks flat but isn’t gains depth as dark corners become apparent.
- Even the grass looks like it’s got substance and depth as it darkens the ground.
Burnout Paradise will be the first Burnout title ever made for the PC, customized with expanded multiplayer, enhanced online features, and community driven content. Burnout Paradise for the PC will combine all the open world racing, intense speed and action of the original game with new gameplay for the PC version.
Some of the key features that set Burnout Paradise apart include:
- The entire city will be available from the outset, giving players the freedom to explore this immersive world known as Paradise City. Experience open world driving Burnout style as the action begins with you, but it doesn't have to end.
- See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.
- Choose from Race, Marked Man, Road Rage, and Stunt by pulling up to the numerous stoplights in the game to initiate the event. The action isn't forced any longer, as players have the freedom to start and even end a challenge at their leisure.
More articles about Burnout Paradise