In Red Alert 3, the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. The time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.
Red Alert 3 asks the question "What If?" What if every bizarre research project and technology experiment for the last 70 years had actually borne fruit? What if the Philadelphia Experiment, time travel theory, teleportation, invisibility, Tesla technology, and a hundred other intriguing research projects had all paid off and gone mainstream? What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.
This Sunday, August 31st, 2008 marks the 13th anniversary of the storied Command & Conquer franchise, which has sold over 25 million copies* to date. And to celebrate Sunday’s milestone and this October’s highly anticipated return to the world of Red Alert with Red Alert 3, EA Los Angeles is giving away one of the original games that started it all, Command & Conquer Red Alert, for FREE.
Starting at 12:00 AM Pacific time on August 31st, C&C fanatics can flock to www.RedAlert3.com to download the original Red Alert free of charge. And because EA is also offering Red Alert 2 for free for those who pre-order Red Alert 3 before October 27th, C&C fans can walk away with Red Alert, Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 3 – all for the price of Red Alert 3 ($49.99 standard edition, $64.99 Premier Edition).
To take advantage of this three-for-one offer, just follow the “Red Alert 3 Step”:
- Download the original Red Alert from www.RedAlert3.com starting Sunday, August 31st FOR FREE
- Pre-Order Red Alert 3 from participating retailers and receive Red Alert 2 FOR FREE
- Pick up your pre-ordered copy of Red Alert 3 when the game hits stores this holiday
Pre-ordering Red Alert 3 will also give gamers the following exclusive items:
- Red Alert Retrospective – A look back at Command Red Alert, Red Alert 2 and Yuri’s Revenge
- Premier Edition Sneak Peek – Exclusive previews of Raising of the Iron Curtain, From Pens to Pixels, Command School, and BattleCast Primetime
- From Fighter to Assassin – A featurette on EliteXC superstar, Gina Carano.
- Exclusive multiplayer/skirmish map for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 when the game ships
- Exclusive Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 desktop wallpapers featuring members of Red Alert 3’s star studded cast including Jenny McCarthy, Gemma Atkinson, Autumn Reeser, Kelly Hu and more!
- OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
- Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
- Memory – XP/Vista: 1 GB
- Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
- DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
- Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X1800 or higher end DirectX 9.0c compatible gfx card
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards require a Intel P4 2.6 GHz or similar under Vista, Yamaha Xwave-512 not supported)
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
- Input - Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – VoIP Headset
Command & Conquer fans eager to experience Red Alert 3 before anyone else can get early access to the beta (PC only) by picking up a copy of C&C 3: Kane's Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection later this year. By ordering C&C 3: Kane’s Wrath and registering with the Beta Key before September 15th, 2008, you are guaranteed a chance to play the multiplayer Beta before Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 releases.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is currently scheduled for October 2008.