Runes of Magic offers a very interesting system for character development besides its dualclass system already explained. To equip a character in Frogsters upcoming fantasy MMOG with unique abilities, players may take skills and spells from three basic categories.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story in over 600 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose from six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts in the later stages of game play. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
- Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
- Enthralling background story
- Already over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
- Instanced and persistent dungeons
- Individually developed skills and spells
- Armor sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
- Activatable PvP system (Player vs. Player duels)
- Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
- Individual coloring of clothes and armor
- Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
- Special zones for guild houses
- Reputation system
- Scalable user interface based on the users flavor (development of own add-ons possible)
- In-game map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- Auction house: auction and purchase items
- Teleporting possibilities per runes
- Different and unique mounts
- Controlling with mouse (point & click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
MMO fans can find a registration form for the newsletter on the official teaser site.
The German version will come to light even before Christmas 2008, shortly there after an English version will be released.
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG strives to release both the European-English version and the American version at the same time. Concerning the US version Frogster currently looking for a qualified US-Publisher.
More articles about Runes of Magic