In Red Alert 3, the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. The time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.
Red Alert 3 asks the question "What If?" What if every bizarre research project and technology experiment for the last 70 years had actually borne fruit? What if the Philadelphia Experiment, time travel theory, teleportation, invisibility, Tesla technology, and a hundred other intriguing research projects had all paid off and gone mainstream? What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.
- OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
- Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
- Memory – XP/Vista: 1 GB
- Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
- DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
- Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X1800 or higher end DirectX 9.0c compatible gfx card
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards require a Intel P4 2.6 GHz or similar under Vista, Yamaha Xwave-512 not supported)
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
- Input - Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – VoIP Headset
Command & Conquer fans eager to experience Red Alert 3 before anyone else can get early access to the beta (PC only) by picking up a copy of C&C 3: Kane's Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection later this year. By ordering C&C 3: Kane’s Wrath and registering with the Beta Key before September 15th, 2008, you are guaranteed a chance to play the multiplayer Beta before Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 releases.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is currently scheduled for October 2008.
More articles about Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3