Originally released in 1995 on Super NES, Chrono Trigger has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.
With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, Chrono Trigger represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of NDS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "It gives me great pleasure to see Chrono Trigger being released in Europe and the PAL territories. With its ground breaking story and gameplay, this epic RPG with multiple endings has already won the hearts of many fans and I hope it delights a whole new audience of players into revisiting the Chrono Trigger world time and again."
When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.
Key Features :
- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time
- An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills
- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world
- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, Chrono Trigger makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality
- A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic
Chrono Trigger, not yet been rated, is scheduled for release in North America this Holiday season, expected in Rurope early 2009.
More articles about Chrono Trigger