The EOJ World Championships, the first official global The Eye of Judgment PlayStation Network tournament, will start on Thursday, August 14th, 12:00AM PST and run for one week until Thursday, August 21st, 12:00AM PST.
There are no special rules. You can play with your favorite deck and take on the world! You will still be able to play as many “Online Tournament” ranked matches as you like until the tournament closes.
The prize for the overall winner is something really special: the winning player will receive their own in-game card in ‘Deck Builder’ mode complete with their name, picture (if the player wishes) and comments. This will be viewable by all EOJ players for the ultimate champion’s prize!
The winner will also earn the right to play an online duel against the creator of The Eye of Judgment, Watanabe-san from Japan Studio. (This duel may be made viewable by the public).
If you finish in the Top 10 players you can earn unique ranking titles for eternal glory!
Taking part is easy, just follow these simple steps:>
- Log in to PlayStation Network and go online with The Eye of Judgment in the usual way from Thursday, August 14th, 12:00AM PST.
- Select ‘Online Tournament’ from the Online mode select screen.
- Players will be matched up with another player to battle just the same as the regular way of Ranked Match.
- That’s it – You’re entered into the tournament!
Any points you earn from playing “Online Tournament” ranked matches before the close of the tournament will contribute to your position on the tournament leaderboard. The tournament scoring system is exactly the same as that used for regular online ranked matches. Please note that tournament matches do not contribute towards your regular ranking.
The Eye of Judgment presents a new style of gameplay where collectable trading cards, embedded with a CyberCode, are brought to life in the 3D game through use of the innovative “9 Fields” battle mat and PlayStation Eye. Players compete by selecting a card and placing the coded card in front of the PlayStation Eye for their respective creatures to come to life and battle on screen. Players take turns placing cards as they jostle for control; the winner is the first player to conquer five of the nine squares of the “9 Fields” battle mat. The gamers task is to conquer the board by deploying their cards more skillfully than their opponent.
Players have four ways to play The Eye of Judgment, single player against their PS3, against an opponent in two-player mode, against an opponent online, or letting the PS3 play out a round with the cards the player owns. The Eye of Judgment comes with a starter deck of 30 character and spell cards manufactured by Hasbro. Pre-constructed decks and booster packs, sold separately in stores, can be purchased to strategically build the perfect deck using the 110 cards unique cards available.
While Biolith Rebellion (Set 1) focused on introducing the basic rules and challenged the gamer with mastering gameplay tactics, Biolith Rebellion 2’s cards will bring ‘deck-based strategy’ into play by incorporating more ‘card-combos’ to create a wider variety of decks.
In addition to card-combos, creating custom themed decks will be easier thanks having more cards and special abilities tied to a specific race or affiliation (i.e. Lizard decks, Goblin decks, Church of Parmus decks, etc). Also, more focused color decks will be more attainable due to a greater variety of character abilities and new game changing spells.
- A revolutionary new way to use the PS3 system, based on traditional trading card games and given a new dimension in 3D by next-generation technology.
- Four ways to play - player vs. PS3, player vs. player offline, player vs. player online, PS3 vs. PS3 using players own deck.
- High Definition 3D animated characters and vehicles come to life seamlessly into the on camera view of your tabletop.
- The Eye of Judgment will be bundled with PlayStation Eye, 9 Fields mat, stand, a starter deck of 30 cards, and a booster pack of 8 cards. More than 100 different characters and spells will be offered via additional booster packs and pre-constructed decks, available at major retail chains.
- The Eye of Judgment is a socially engaging title that will appeal to gamers of all ages and abilities.
More articles about The Eye of Judgment