Loco Mogul is a casual train strategy game that lets you play a seasoned railroader turned entrepreneur, as you try to build your own circa 1850s railroad empire.
Loco Mogul has three distinct phases of play.
- There's the Minesweeper-like search for hidden towns, mines, and other businesses in a territory.
- There's the building phase, where players build a functional railroad, complete with train stations, junctions, bridges, and mountain tunnels.
- Finally, there's the click-management phase, where players run their trains and try to maximize profits by delivering rail cars to their destinations in time.
At each step, players must ensure that they have enough cash to continue expanding.
"Most games involving trains are either hardcore financial simulations or train games in theme only." says Andrew Ewanchyna, the game's creator. "Loco Mogul tries to bridge the gap, providing a thoughtful, relaxing experience for the train enthusiast in all of us."
- Deliver cargo to their destinations
- Explore the map and decide where to lay your tracks
- Blow tunnels through mountains
- Chop down trees to bridge rivers
- Flatten hills for hidden surprises
- Buy more powerful locomotives to increase your profits
- Keep the cars moving to their destinations
- Turn up the volume on the catchy tunes of the 1800s
Loco Mogul is currently available for digital download ($19.99).
More articles about Loco Mogul