In July (and a few days ago on Xbox 360), Criterion brought you our Cagney Feature Pack and introduced 3 awesome online game modes, two great cars, a live news page and calendar, 70 all-new timed multi-part challenges, a complete overhaul of our Online Racing System and a stack of other major improvements. In early September, Criterion's breaking out the big guns.
In the Burnout Paradise Bikes Pack (formerly know by the codename “Davis”) players can look forward to:
- On Day 1 there will be two rides ready to go. Just head for your nearest junkyard in Paradise City to pick up the FV1100 street bike and the stunning Japanese Firehawk racing bike. That’ll do for a start, but there’s more in store once you’ve played a little way through the bike-specific gameplay.
- In addition to the bikes, Criterion is adding night time to the game. You’ll see day cycle through to night and see the city change with it. Paradise City at night takes on a life of its own once the rush hour traffic thins out!
- During the day, you can play a variation of our Burning Routes challenges. Beat the target times on specific routes to complete “Burning Rides”. The big change here is that these routes feature multiple checkpoints – they’ll take you all over the city. At night, complete a different set of routes – the “Midnight Rides”.
- If you’re used to seeing Paradise City swathed in blazing sunshine, you’re in for a surprise as a dynamic weather system is being introduced to change the feel of the city – another Burnout first.
- Citerion has created 70 challenges specially for bikes, 35 of these are timed, multi-part challenges – the kind you’ll have experienced if you’ve been playing the previous FREE software update codenamed Cagney.
Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you’re given the keys to the city, but it’s up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout licence.
With true open world freedom, seamless 'EasyDrive' online multiplayer, four unique single-player events, and hundreds of online Freeburn challenges, Burnout Paradise thrusts gamers into an incredibly vivid HD world that pushes the limits of the PS3 and Xbox 360. The white knuckle action explodes as players pull up at any stoplight and spin their wheels to jumpstart the action.
Spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed will always be a hallmark of Burnout games but Burnout Paradise ups the ante with an all new game design that expands the experience into a deeper, ever more immersive driving dream.
Some of the key features that set Burnout Paradise apart include:
- True Open World Freedom - The entire city will be available from the outset, giving players the freedom to explore this immersive world known as Paradise City. Experience open world driving Burnout style as the action begins with you, but it doesn't have to end.
- EasyDrive Online Social Gaming - See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.
- Single-player Events - Choose from Race, Marked Man, Road Rage, and Stunt by pulling up to the numerous stoplights in the game to initiate the event. The action isn't forced any longer, as players have the freedom to start and even end a challenge at their leisure.
Burnout Paradise will have you feeling every bump, crash, scrape, and collision using Sony's new DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller with rumble feature for the PS3. The EasyDrive online Friends List keeps the action flowing on the PS3, as players get into a challenge with three easy taps of a button. Once the competition heats up, players can grab snapshots as they rip through opponents and collect candid Mugshots of friends and foes alike using the PLAYSTATION Eye. The Xbox 360 version of the game features Mugshots using Xbox LIVE Vision.
Burnout Paradise, rated E10+ by the ESRB and 3+ by PEGI, is currently available worldwide on PS3 and Xbox 360.
More articles about Burnout Paradise