The evolution of virtual hunting has finally arrived as Deer Hunter Tournament gives players a chance to experience the most intense virtual hunting experience ever created. Deer Hunter Tournament is designed to create a massive network of Deer Hunter players by offering for the first time ever in hunting games organized, constantly updated online tournaments for both Xbox Live and PC.
Gamers and hunting fans alike will venture to most of the world's most prestigious hunting locations in pursuit of the most exotic and sought after big-game trophy animals. Virtual hunters can now enter different modes, such as stealth or adrenaline, or employ an array of master hunting strategies, including building stands and blinds, to track and shoot their targets. Deer Hunter Tournament provides numerous levels of gameplay, allowing hunters to embark on scouting missions designed to explore maps and equipment while studying animal habits. Hunters can also take part in hunting tutorials, compete in open hunting sessions and participate in either solo gameplay or the intense multi-player tournaments.
Employing some of the recent advancements in gaming technology, Deer Hunter Tournament features true-to-life animal behavior through advanced animal AI designed to mimic animal sight, hearing, sense of smell and behavioral patterns. Additional features include an arsenal of new weapons with bullet time slow motion replay and thermal scopes. Realistic effects in the game capture awe inspiring wildlife moments like hawks swooping down to snatch fish from lakes -- but hunters must also be wary of bears, moose, mountain lions and other dangerous predators who will stalk and attack.
- Built-in online tournament capability: First ever online hunting community that will provide players with constantly updated worldwide club and tournament opportunities;
- True-to-life animal behaviour: Animals see, smell, hear and even fight;
- Amazing special features: Bullet time, thermal scopes and ragdoll physics. Scout the area before hunting to set up blinds and tree stands;
- High quality art: Art and shaders show realistic looking animals and actions;
- Improved mechanics: Hunters sense, adrenaline mode and stealth to sight in and shoot elk, moose, red stag, mule, deer, cape buffalo, caribou, cougar, wild boar, kudu and grizzly bear;
- Master hunting strategies: Hunters can use glassing, stalking, tracking, long range shooting, baiting, stands and blinds;
- In depth tutorials: With nine in-depth tutorials, hunters can train to master hunting strategies;
- Dangerous game: Hunters will need to beware of dangerous game that will threaten and stalk the player until a final encounter where the player must use hunting skill to bring the game down.
Deer Hunter Tournament will be available fall 2008 for Xbox 360 ($39.95) and PC ($19.95).
More articles about Deer Hunter Tournament