Controlling a ‘Geon’ cube, players frantically compete against their opponents to collect pellets and deposit them in the opponent's goal to score. At the same time they must fight to prevent their opponents from scoring by the tactical use of the different powerballs as well as their cube’s all-new default attack and shield abilities.
What’s your strategy going to be? Will you choose to spread fear among the other players, or unleash a wave of bliss with the aim of subverting their cause? Play to your emotional strengths; Allow your dark side to dominate, or win through speed, courage and style. You can be the master of Geon, but you must learn to use your emotion to your advantage.
The game enhancements for the PSN version include:
- Redesigned single player maps,
- Introduction of a new League mode
- Players have attack and shield as standard (instead of only via a power-up) allowing for greater interaction with (thumping the hell out of) your opponent,
- New goal scoring system make it essential to stop your opponent scoring,
- Redesigned Power-ups with the introduction of new ones such as Bliss' ghost cubes (which collect pellets for you) and Rage's extra attack – it's one angry cube.
- Introduction of PSN trophies,
- Dramatically improved AI to handle the new game-play.
Geon PSN features a variety of single player and multi-player modes including:
- Single player League - progress to the top of the four Geon leagues, and become King of the Grids!
- Duel – Go head to head against AI opponents
- Time Attack - a game of pure speed as you compete to win medals and set the fastest time for clearing a grid.
- Multi-player: Up to 4 player compete on-line or off-line (split screen)
- Duel: Go head to head against a friend and inflict some pain!
- Last man standing: Up to 4 players battle it out – who will be the last man standing?
- Team Geon: Team up with a friend to battle your enemies in this 2vs2 mode
Available on Xbox Live since 2007, Geon will be released on PlayStation Network soon, Wii release TBC.
More articles about Geon