Gears of War 2 picks up six months after the events of Gears of War, and thrusts players back into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against a nightmarish force of underground creatures known as the Locust Horde. Players continue the story of Marcus Fenix, a reluctant war hero, as he leads Delta Squad on a series of perilous and adrenaline-pumping missions. Gears of War 2 blends a best-in-class third-person shooter with unsurpassed high-definition visuals, all layered on top of an engaging story of survival, loss and retribution.
Contestants will compete to be the first to play the full game of this much-anticipated holiday blockbuster. To reach victory, gamers will face real-world challenges that test their skills as they attempt to save humanity from the vicious Locust Horde.
Deadline for entries is 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, September 19, 2008. To enter, you must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and do the following:
- Read the Gears of War 2: First Delta Squad casting eligibility requirements
- If you meet the requirements, download the casting questionnaire and fill it out
- Email your questionnaire along with a recent photo and 150 words about why you should be the first to play “Gears of War 2” to SpikeCasting@Spike.com
After reviewing the entries, producers will contact potential contestants for more information and next steps.
- You must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- You must be a United States citizen or legal resident of the United States, and have a valid United States government issued driver’s license.
- You must be available to participate in “Gears of War 2: First Delta Squad” (the “Project”) on three (3) days selected by Producer during the last week of September 2008 and/or the first week in October 2008 in the Los Angeles, California area. Such dates and locations are subject to change at Producer’s sole discretion.
- If selected as a participant, applicants must be willing to travel to promote the Project, as reasonably requested by Producer.
- Neither you, nor your immediate family members (including, without limitation, spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses) or those living in the same household as you or such family members, whether or not related, may be officers, directors, employees or agents of the following:
- MTV Networks, Spike TV, Microsoft Corporation, or their respective parents, divisions, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, advertising or promotional agencies, or judging agencies;
- Any other party associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Project;
- Any sponsors of the Project; or
- Any prize or service supplier for the Project. In addition, if you are closely acquainted with any person connected with the production, administration or exhibition of the Project, you may not be eligible if, in Producer’s sole discretion, your participation could create the appearance of impropriety.
- If selected as a participant, you must be willing to sign a Participant Agreement, as well as any other releases or authorizations that Producer (in its sole discretion) deems necessary.
- You understand and acknowledge that participation in the Project, including, without limitation, the activities and events arranged by Producer, may expose you to the risk of death, serious injury, illness or disease and/or property damage. You must be willing and able to participate in physical activities. You must sign a release attesting to the fact that you understand and knowingly and willingly agree to assume such risks.
- You may not presently be a candidate for any type of political office, and may not become a candidate from the time the application is submitted until one (1) year after initial exhibition of the Project.
- You understand and agree that these Eligibility Requirements may be changed, modified, or amended by Producer in its sole discretion from time to time.
For those interested in the opportunity to audition, please visit the official contest page for more information.
- Bigger, better and more badass gameplay. Gears of War 2 builds upon the gameplay of the first title in every way. First, the scope of the action is bigger. New characters, more weapons, nastier enemies, bigger vehicles and grander locales offer players more action, more emotion and more thrills. Next, every major aspect of the game has been refined to create heightened, more immersive experiences. Finally, the overall tone of Gears of War 2 is more badass â€“ replete with new weapon-specific executions, chain saw duels and shocking boss fights.
- Jaw-dropping visuals. Gears of War 2 raises the graphics bar for next-generation games through its breathtaking visual effects, which are made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3. New visual effects in Gears of War 2 include ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, improved character lighting, the ability to render hundreds of on-screen characters simultaneously, improved water physics, additional blood and bullet decals, advanced destructible environments, new weather effects, and the introduction of fluid objects. When combined with the sweeping vistas and evocative locales in the world of Sera where the Gears of War 2 story unfolds, these additions help make Gears of War 2 the most gorgeous game available this generation.
- Gripping story that pulls you in and won't let go. Gears of War 2 continues to push deep, immersive storytelling in video games to greater heights. Humanity's epic battle for survival is felt on both personal and epic levels as players explore multiple story arcs that introduce new characters and flesh out the histories of familiar ones.
- Unparalleled Xbox LIVE competitive and co-op action. Gears of War 2 takes full advantage of the industry-leading Xbox LIVE service. Xbox LIVE, which is home to millions of gamers, is a robust online entertainment network, and allows gamers to enjoy Gears of War 2 either competitively or cooperatively. Enhanced competitive multiplayer gameplay over Xbox LIVE will introduce new modes and weapons, and a multitude of new maps.2 Also new to Gears of War 2 is the ability for gamers to drop in and drop out of the co-op campaign at any time, while playing at their own difficulty setting. Enjoying the visceral thrills of Gears of War has never been easier.
Gears of War 2 will be available in a Standard Edition ($59.99) or Limited Edition ($69.99) and is scheduled to launch Nov. 7, 2008.
More articles about Gears of War 2